Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 AM

Default Re: Crashes when opening Session containing Plugins

Just in case, anyone stumbles over this thread through google or something - the problem appears to be solved. I contacted waves support and the gave me the following instructions:

Please try troubleshooting this problem by following the instructions below;

1) Go to Start Menu>Run and type in %appdata%, the application data folder will show up, delete the Waves Audio folder

2) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE and delete the DAE Prefs folder

3) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins and verify that the file;WaveShell-DAE7.1.dpm is there (you should have only 1 wave-shell file, delete the V6/5 Waveshell if you see it).

4) Empty the recycle bin

5) Go to: Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel.
Select Regional and Language Options.

Click on the Customize icon.

Make the following changes:
Decimal symbol: . (dot)
Digit grouping symbol: , (comma)
List separator: , (comma)
Negative number format: -1.1

6) Restart your computer

7) Launch Protools

8) When Waves Preferences window comes up - check only the last checkbox and continue

9) When prompted to locate the Waves Plugins folder - navigate to; C:\Program Files\Waves and select the Waves Plug-Ins folder and hit Choose.

10) Protools will now rescan all of your Waves Plugins.

This seems to have helped. I'm not able to open all sessions, but most of them. And I have no Waves GUI-problems anymore as well.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 01-21-2011, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Crashes when opening Session containing Plugins

sounds like you this issue well. maybe same solution. I upgraded pt 8.04 to 9.0 and then 9.1 and waves freezes the system . avid tech support told me to get WaveShell-DAE7.01.dmp and replace my 7.0
where do I get that file?
for now I took the 7.0 out and pt 9.1 functions fine but I want the waves plug ins .Your help is much appreciated