Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2011, 02:35 PM

Default BFD disabled after computer transfer. help!

As soon as I bought the new i7 imac and switched over all the data from my old computer to my new one everything works fine with pro tools 8.5 except for my BFD Eco. When I try to run BFD as a plugin or standalone mode i am presented with

"BFD Eco has been disabled because: The license file is corrupt. Please run license manager."

I run license manager and it is clearly reading my BFD and says status is "ok".

When I click either option is asks me to select an authorization file but I have no idea what that looks like or what it is called or where to find it! Please help!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:33 PM

Default Re: BFD disabled after computer transfer. help!

Delete the BFD Eco entry in Licence Manager, run BFD Eco (this will trigger a new auth request in LM automatically) and reauthorise. The authorisations are locked to your hardware, so major system upgrades can cause our License Manager to think it's a new machine - which yours is. If pain persists, please contact FXpansion support directly so we can get you sorted out.