Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2008, 11:16 AM

Default ProTools Prerelease

I see word on the main DigiDesign page of ProTools prerelease 7.4.2pr. Is it recommended that MacBook Pro users running ProTools LE and an Mbox upgrade their operating systems and ProTools to this version?

We have a MacBook Pro running 10.5 (is that different from 10.5.1?) and a version of ProTools 7.4 with file dates from late October/early November. A Digidesign phone support person suggested in late February that I try this ProTools version, but now it seems it's unsupported. It seems to work well, except for a recurring "You are running out of CPU power" error box. A perhaps safer alternative might be to try harder to resolve that.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:31 PM

Default Re: ProTools Prerelease

Have you made sure you have set your RTAS processors to n - 1?

So if you have two cores, like my MBP, you only use one CPU core for RTAS. If you have four, only use three?

That is a fix for the new pre-release but may work for you as well..

as to the upgrade it worked fine for me ... others seem to be having issues so it is a little hit andmiss... I would say if you don't need it then wait for the proper release...
Old 06-05-2008, 02:41 PM

Default Re: ProTools Prerelease

Perceive, thanks. Where is that setting? I saw that noted in another thread, looked, but didn't turn it up.

[edit]Never mind--here, I have found it. We'll see how that works.