Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2013, 12:11 AM

Default The dreaded power cable issue "Strikes Again"

Hi Guys & Girls, I notice on the forum that by reseating or replacing the internal power harness which is a known fault or even by simply just cleaning the contacts etc this sometimes fixes the issue, but having tried all those suggestions, without success unfortunately, I had to resort to trying to contacted avid support by telephone and a local ARC and they claim AVID no longer supply the DIY kit FOC but we must pay for it, £30 for the short cable and £180 for a new power supply unit as well, and all plus VAT & carriage

Yet I have seen from many posts the if you CAN contact Avid by telephone which is difficult even at the best of times and all they say is I need to contact my local ARC and they will provide the kit FOC, swings and roundabouts and to top it all both my units have same fault OO2R and OO2 console so well and truly stuffed over by AVID and it;s ARC here in UK, does anybody have a direct contact telephone number for AVID or a name of someone who can actually help, or is it the case that AVID are washing there hands and responsibilities of the OO2's power cable problems now ?

Plus can I ask anybody technical etc or even has anyone ver seen or have this connection on the underside of the analogue board? as I thing pervious owner has to do something, but not sure, it looks out of place to me????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0161.jpg (42.7 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by DJ Rae C; 05-25-2013 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Changing text