Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2008, 12:29 PM

Default Re: DigiTranslator..... Where are you?

Hi. Original poster here. This is still unresolved for me. Following the outcome.

thanks.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:18 AM

LE

Digidesign MBox Pro
Old 06-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hi. Original poster here. This is still unresolved for me. Following the outcome.

thanks.
In looking over your history with this, I think I may have found the problem. You said:

Quote:
Tried reinstalling from my original PT7 install disc.
Was that a 7.0 or 7.4 disk?

If you go to your Pro Tools folder, what is the version of the OMF.bundle in the folder? It should be 7.4 - if it's not, that's very likely the problem.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Avid

Quote:
MacBook Pro-
2.4GHz Intel Core Duo
4GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
OSX v 10.4.11
Pro Tools version:
7.3.1 cs6

installed OMF Bundle says version 7.0

This is almost assuredly the problem with your system - you need OMF bundle version 7.3. You can install it from your 7.3 Pro Tools installer.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:43 PM

I installed the OMF bundle from the installer that came with my system fist! This is from a downloaded pro tools installer I paid for. It did not work. I next installed the OMF bundle from the DVD which came with the MBOX Pro... did not work. I had my studio email me the OMF Bundle that works on my tower at my New Mexico Facility, did not work. I went back to the OMF bundle which is part of the Pro Tools I bought and downloaded and runs on the system in question, it does not work. Can you verify that the OMF bundle that came with the pro tools software- which I paid for, downloaded, authorized and run on my system to this day is not the correct version? if so my question for digidesign is WHY?
Old 06-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Avid

Quote:
I installed the OMF bundle from the installer that came with my system fist! This is from a downloaded pro tools installer I paid for. It did not work.
Which version of Pro Tools was that?

Quote:

I next installed the OMF bundle from the DVD which came with the MBOX Pro... did not work.
Which version was that?

Quote:
I had my studio email me the OMF Bundle that works on my tower at my New Mexico Facility, did not work.
Again, without knowing the version number, it's impossible to say what went wrong.

Quote:

I went back to the OMF bundle which is part of the Pro Tools I bought and downloaded and runs on the system in question, it does not work. Can you verify that the OMF bundle that came with the pro tools software- which I paid for, downloaded, authorized and run on my system to this day is not the correct version? if so my question for digidesign is WHY?
I can't verify this, because I don't know which version of the Pro Tools installer you're using. You must use a Pro Tools 7.3 installer. Please trash the OMF.bundle that's currently installed before installing it again from a Pro Tools 7.3.x installer.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:18 PM

would the omf 7.3 I need be downloaded with the 7.3 upgrade I paid for and downloaded and installed from Digidesign?
Old 06-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Avid

Quote:
would the omf 7.3 I need be downloaded with the 7.3 upgrade I paid for and downloaded and installed from Digidesign?
Yes, the 7.3 installer includes the option to install Digitranslator. Trashing the currently installed OMF.bundle and using the 7.3 installer to reinstall Digitranslator should fix the problem. After installation, you may want to trash preferences so that Pro Tools will re-cache all plug-in data.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:36 PM

I have been installing the OMF from my downloaded version of PT 7.3, as I've mentioned several times. It was bunk! I downloaded my 7.3 yet again after talking to the "digistore" about my purchase from several months ago... upon downloading the 7.3 this time, I installed the OMF and it worked straight away. SO: for all you having issues. It's not as simple as blaming yourself or iLOK or installation DVD's. While it is important to make sure the version of the OMF matches your version of Pro Tools (to which begs the question why Digidesign bothers to call the DIGITRANSLATOR a '2.0' when there are OMF versions 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 specific for the version of the pro tools software you are running - this confusion slowed me down) equally important is to prey you do not get a bunk version of the translator from your online purchase or otherwise.

Again, I thank you all for your help and where it would be easy to say "all's well that ends well", I am forced reflect on the amount of time and energy we ALL spent on learning that my downloaded version of the OMF which came with my Pro Tools purchase was bad....

MAKE SURE YOUR .OMF VERSION MATCHES YOUR VERSION OF TOOLS. IF IT DOES AND IT STILL WILL NOT WORK, SEEK ANOTHER SOURCE FOR THAT VERSION OF THE OMF PLUG IN (... the 2.0 next to Digitranslator is not the version of the .OMF-evidently)

Cheers,
SP