Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Anybody using Faderport?

Glad to help out!

(Now I need to get mine working...)
Old 12-02-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfield View Post
Tubby,

Any luck with presonus support???

I'm in the same boat.

PT10.2.0 on a WIN7/64 machine.

Having searched GS and every other forum I'm at a loss with the Faderport and PT10.2.0

Have gone through all the recommended firmware, and installer versions, and combinations of one driver and another firmware as recommended in several different threads.

Made sure faderprot was first HUI controller

Made sure USB cable is good and not plugged into a USB3 port as a thread mentioned that was a potential problem.

made sure the power supply works and is properly plugged in.

In the end the transport section works great.

Banking + channel selection works for the most part

Fader control buttons - read, write, touch all change the status of the selected channel in PT and the touch function will engage write when you touch the fader itself.

The problem is fader movements do not seem to control or transmit anything to the track in PT. In other words if I put the channel in "touch" soon as I touch the fader it engages and begins writing automation, but its a flat line, moving the fader up and down does nothing, and PT just writes a flat level of automation.

Also no read from PT to the fader on the faderport. The dam thing just wont move and its brand new???

Writing automation is the main reason I want this thing, the transport is just a plus. I know PT is moving away from any HUI support but thisthins is advertised to have a limited ability with PT. The fader should work.

has anyone managed to get this fader to function???

help, Ive fallen and I can't get up!
Hey Soundfield, any luck with this man? I am having a similar issue.
So i have a track open, and i am recording volume automation onto my track using the fader port. This works fine on the first pass using the write, latch, or touch function...however, once i have recorded the first pass, when i select write automation, the fader movements are not recorded, and the automation line is just flat, and protools doesnt recognize the fader movements...if the second time is set for latch or touch, the "auto touch" or "auto latch" buttons do not appear in red as they should and the automation data is not recorded ( although protools sees fader movements in the GUI).
I'm using a Mac OS X machine with protools 10 and an mbox pro.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:15 AM

I was just in Guitar Center and I saw a faderport, so I asked the salesman about ProTools with itm and he said "they work great, just go to AVID and look for a driver."

Another thing you can try is uninstalling it and closing down your computer. Then turn it on, restart your computer and let computer see it and go out on the Web to look for a driver.

I don't have one - I am just making suggestions.

With ProTools devices I have also found that re-booting your computer once you have something installed correctly is usually a good idea. It puts your changes into the system in a more permanent way.

Good luck
Old 01-25-2014, 10:18 AM

Hi,

I just bought a Faderport to use with PT11 but every time I launch the software it tells me that Pro Tools is unable to communicate with HUI. I have yet configured it but don't know why it doesn't work.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
Hi,

I just bought a Faderport to use with PT11 but every time I launch the software it tells me that Pro Tools is unable to communicate with HUI. I have yet configured it but don't know why it doesn't work.

Thanks for your reply.

If PT says it can't communicate with it, you must not have it plugged in. If you want to stop this message, remove the Faderport from the midi controllers section of the Peripherals window.

To use the Faderport, make sure you download the latest driver software. Be sure to update the Faderport firmware when you install the driver. There was also a firmware update issued after the latest driver that you should apply too.

Hackintosh - Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH, Intel Core i7-3770K, 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3, 2x SATA 6Gb/s 240GB SSD, 3x SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD, 1x Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, Mojave 10.14.4.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.12, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre (Mac)
Pro Tools 2020.12, Mbox3 (Win)

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 01-31-2014, 06:23 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I already tried tu update the firmware of my Faderport but it won't communicate with PT11.
I tested on PT10 and then only the channel selector and play, stop, rewind, forward buttons work. The others like the pan, the fader etc... don't work.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:07 AM

Default Anybody using Faderport?

I'm using a Faderport with 11.1.2 on Mac 10.8.5 and everything works as documented by Presonus. http://support.presonus.com/entries/...port-FaderPort

Do you have the power supply plugged into the Faderport? The motorized fader doesn't work without it.

Hackintosh - Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH, Intel Core i7-3770K, 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3, 2x SATA 6Gb/s 240GB SSD, 3x SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD, 1x Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, Mojave 10.14.4.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.12, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre (Mac)
Pro Tools 2020.12, Mbox3 (Win)

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 01-31-2014, 10:28 AM

Yes the power supply is plugged.