Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-26-2009, 10:05 AM

Default Re: black lion 003+ mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppertree View Post
I think the M-Audio drivers are better than anything from Digi certainly (the Digi CoreAudio drivers are simply a joke). The problem is Pro Tools (dis) M-powered. That doesn't seem to get as much attention, and I wouldn't be stunned if the managers quietly deny it bugfixes from the LE build, as they have denied it the CPTK.
Ya know pepper , seriously , You bring up some very valid points. And if indeed your goal is to call attention to those points and perhaps save us dummies, (I admit it I am a songwriter, not an engineer) some coin in the bargain...... I have a suggestion ( take it or not ) If you were to simply choose to loose much of the hostile negative (and functionally needless) verbiage . I believe you would garner a lot more attentive ears, mine included .. If of course that is indeed your end game ?? On the other hand if your intention is simply to flame BLA and Digi then by all means ,,, carry on !!!! OH and just for my info what is CPTK ?
Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2020.12 .....Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen processor,,128GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory,,2TB SSD storage,,Radeon Pro 5700 XT with 16GB of GDDR6 memory,, on Catalina 10.15.7

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding" Albert Einstein

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 10-26-2009, 01:00 PM

CPTK stands for Complete Production Tool Kit, the upgrade that combines DV toolkit and Music Production toolkit, plus more extras such as surround sound, 128 tracks, etc.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Ya know pepper , seriously , You bring up some very valid points. And if indeed your goal is to call attention to those points and perhaps save us dummies, (I admit it I am a songwriter, not an engineer) some coin in the bargain...... I have a suggestion ( take it or not ) If you were to simply choose to loose much of the hostile negative (and functionally needless) verbiage . I believe you would garner a lot more attentive ears, mine included .. If of course that is indeed your end game ?? On the other hand if your intention is simply to flame BLA and Digi then by all means ,,, carry on !!!! OH and just for my info what is CPTK ?
FYI... I believe peppertree has given up on Digi.. He posted a quick "I'm outta here" note some weeks ago. I think the 11R and ProTools Essential finally sent him over the edge.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
FYI... I believe peppertree has given up on Digi.. He posted a quick "I'm outta here" note some weeks ago. I think the 11R and ProTools Essential finally sent him over the edge.
So it might appear.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.12 HDX
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-26-2009, 01:44 PM

honestly i don't see how anyone can compare an m-audio product and m-powered protools to a digi003 or a blr mod. like one guy said in this forum already m-audio is more of a consumer grade solution than a prosumer product. i've heard countless maudio gear and it's alright and good if you are just starting or on a budget in my opion. sounds like buyers remorse on the guy with the misinformation boosting about m-audio being the best of best, it's the lowest intro to pro tools on the market but it's a great place to start! not knocking on it but the bla mods, le and digi003 are on a different level in my opion. also the point of the apogee and bla mod is really about the external clock and the adc. the pres come into play but those are very cheap compared to the clock or adc upgrade. someone please show me how i can upgrade a digi002 or 003 for $130 bucks with adc, better clock and pres lol. when pigs fly... if you do the research and really look into it you'll see the difference, the prices and even how the protools hd thread is out of control for the upgrade le to hd and match those to the apogee and everything else and see the quality and price points. i've seen the M-Audio 2626 it's a starting interface that to get the quality that guy is boosting about you would need to buy exteranl hardware like apogee ect. it's a starting interface that allows you to expand and if you expanded yes you could get a superior good sound out of it but for 700 dollars you are at a starting level and need to upgrade another 1,800+ or so.

not trying to start a flame war just stating some facts and any gear is good if it does the job you want it to do but as people out grow their old gear they would like better.

pro tools user of 11 years.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:39 PM

disc_jockey_murderer,

You realize the cleanest interface available for native Pro Tools is likely the ProFire Lightbridge? Pick your own AD/DA and front-end. The FireWire bit is pretty simple. The money is in the AD/DA and preamplifiers. With the ProFire Lightbridge, you can get 18-channels at 96kHz if you are so inclined...
Old 10-26-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerax View Post
Please, don't talk me about BLA mods, as I'm not interested in it for a number of reasons...

Thanx

L.G.
You did read the title of the thread didn't you?
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacPro 6,1 6core 32GB / LogicProX / IzotopeRX8+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFXII / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 10-26-2009, 08:13 PM

you know the profire light probridge and the 8 input apogee adc converter plus a decent outboard for 1,000 or less could be pulled off for 4,000 or less. that's not bad. but i guess you would be still stuck in le so logic would be the daw to go with. it's a bit of cash to the le user but given i had it i think it would be a great investment and way cheaper than a real protools hd system given you already have the computer for it. i already have a mac pro quad and a digi002 but i don't see it in my price range with bills anytime soon and i really use two to 3 tracks at a time for my own stuff but a lot of midi. probably just get the two input apogee to go with my digi002 which is in my reach and roll with that for awhile. now just to find 1,800 dollars or a good ebay deal lol. time to start saving 200 a month or get a credit card!

also is pepper tree the red headed step child around here lol? snarky attitude with a narcissistic attitude spitting out things learned in a psychology 101 class like a failed college student. i think some one is trolling! he can't be real or serious there's no way. he attacks every bla mod thread and goes on about his m-audio setup being the best in the world like he's trying to teach a basic psychology class to sound big. please if it looks like a troll, sounds like a troll.... :)
Old 10-27-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
You did read the title of the thread didn't you?

Yes, I did. Infact I asked about how the 003 sounds when stock and unmodified, compared the former 002R...
Old 10-27-2009, 08:44 AM

i talked to blr through email and they were more pushing on me to sell my digi 002 console for a 002r instead of an 003r. they said they can do more with the 002r than the 003r because it has more room and easier to mod. but even as an owner of the 002 i think the 003r is the better way to go because you'd probaly get another few years out of protools before they cut off support. but if you use logic9 80% of the time like me it doesn't really matter which one you mod so much. my cheapest and only option right now is to go with the apogee 2 input :P

went on ebay though and the 002r always have 18 bids or so on them and are going for more money. the 002r and 003r really went up in price and demand because of blr. i so wish there was a mod for the 002-003 console since it hase a board already built in. if they would do it i think it would be the ultimate and drive prices up on the used market :P