Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2018, 06:10 PM

Default Re: UVI Workstation & Falcon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmusic View Post
Where is the download link located? Would it be Under pro tools in my products page?
I found it under my Pro Tools products tab in my account. If you expand your tab it will be towards the bottom under UVI Plugins. For the license, it appeared in iLok under the "Available" tabs.

If you don't see anything, then maybe it still hasn't been deposited into your account.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 11-30-2018, 06:23 PM

Thanks evermore!

Its not there yet.

Quick question if you’re yearly updates expired and you don’t renew does the virtual instrument still work?
Old 11-30-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmusic View Post
Thanks evermore!

Its not there yet.

Quick question if you’re yearly updates expired and you don’t renew does the virtual instrument still work?
You're Welcome!

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed with the UVI Falcon addition. Unfortunately, it is a subscription license and will require an on going Pro Tools plan. So if you let your PT plan expire it will not work.

Also, I have been playing around with Falcon and tbh, it's ok sounding. I have other VI plugins that sound better to me. I can see the Falcon being useful for someone who doesn't own a lot of VI's and only uses Pro Tools.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 11-30-2018, 06:53 PM

I don't want no loans. It could be fun but I don't really need it. I often work on sessions I've created years ago and with the switch to 64 bits I had enough
Old 11-30-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
I don't want no loans.
Exactly what crossed my mind. I uninstalled Falcon and I'm just not gonna worry about it.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 11-30-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evermore View Post
I found a license for Falcon and was able to activate it!! Check your iLok accounts.
Seems to be regional. I just checked my AMA/my products page and saw neither UVI nor Falcon. Dec. 1st, 05:06 AM Central European Time.

Last edited by Wire57; 11-30-2018 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
You're Welcome!

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed with the UVI Falcon addition. Unfortunately, it is a subscription license and will require an on going Pro Tools plan. So if you let your PT plan expire it will not work.

Also, I have been playing around with Falcon and tbh, it's ok sounding. I have other VI plugins that sound better to me. I can see the Falcon being useful for someone who doesn't own a lot of VI's and only uses Pro Tools.
Well that sucks lmao lol. What a gimmick. O well
Old 11-30-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire57 View Post
Seems to be regional.
That may be so.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 12-01-2018, 02:06 AM

Quote:
I have been playing around with Falcon and tbh, it's ok sounding. I have other VI plugins that sound better to me. I can see the Falcon being useful for someone who doesn't own a lot of VI's and only uses Pro Tools.
Falcon may not be for you - nor I - but I think that summary is very much missing the point of Falcon. It is not a slightly inferior copy of other VIs, its a very capable full sampler with sophisticated synthesis options. In that sense its superior to Kontakt, although the former has a far greater number of supported developers who make brilliant libraries.

For sound designers and people developing their own instruments who want to fuse complex sample-based instruments with synthesis, its I think the best option out there bar none. It's a quality product. However as an end user who isn't so interested in creating something new along these lines, you might well have better options for you. A quick listen to the demos of the bundled PT-exclusive library sounded pretty Workstation-poor, and doesn't reflect what I think Falcon is capable of.

Also note - it seems like our license for Falcon is cross-platform and will work outside PT, its just the PT-specific library that is PT-locked.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 12-01-2018, 03:03 AM

I prefer UVI Workstation over Kontakt