Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2003, 06:24 AM

Default DigiRack Delays - PT5 to PT6

I have searched the digidesign site and this forum for "DigiRack Delay" relating to this problem.

I am currently in the process of converting some old sessions from 5.1 to 6. it all goes very well apart from the delays as they have now all changed name so can not be found.

Is there anyway of opening a PT 5 session with a Long Delay in PT 6 and then converting all the automation data so I can use the new Long Delay II? I really don't want to have to go through all my sessions and write down where all the automation is and renter it all for the new plugins.

Any thoughts, or solutions?

Lee
PT LE 6.1.1
Digi 001
---
Old 10-17-2003, 09:32 AM

Default Re: DigiRack Delays - PT5 to PT6

good question..
Old 10-17-2003, 03:28 PM
Avid

Hello,

For the sake of backwards compatibility with sessions created with previous versions of Pro Tools using the Mod Delay I plug-in, the Mod Delay I plug-in is available in the Beta Software folder on the Pro Tools 6.0 Installer CD.

Place the Mod Delay I Plug-in in Mac harddrive > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Plugins, and restart Pro Tools. Your Mod Delay 1 plug-ins on your ttracks should then load. After they load save the plug-in setting for all mod delay I plug-ins. You can continue to use Mod Delay I, but you will mostlikely want to save your session using Mod Delay II.

This information is in the Pro Tools 6.0 Readme that installed with 6.0.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 10-18-2003, 04:05 AM

Thank you very much for you answer, that has just saved me a good few hours.

Lee
PT LE 6.1.1
Digi 001
---
Old 10-21-2003, 08:40 AM

Hello Mike,

Im having serious problems loading delay settings. I can see my setting's name, but always loads as Long Delay with the following settings: delay time 3658ms - mix 100%...

When I try to re-import them most times change nothing, sometimes I have random delay times changes. I used Digi's delays extensively for 4 years, then I have lots of that settings saved with my sessions.

I loaded ModDelay from PT 6.1 cd but it can't correctly load my saved settings.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

P.S.: 001 - G4 dual 1.42 - 1024 ram - 2 x 120 GB ATA HD (Seagate and WD) - PT LE 6.1.2 - OS 10.2.6 - (Beta software --> Mod Delay I installed)
Old 10-23-2003, 08:40 AM

Bump..... Mike?
Old 10-23-2003, 09:51 AM
Avid

Hello,

Have you opened any of these sessions without Mod Delay 1 loaded and then saved the session?
Do you have a backup copy of the session that you can try opening? If you try opening the session and saving the Mod Delay settings.

You may want to try removing Mod Dealy 2 from the plug-ins folder and then relaunching and reopening the session.

"When I try to re-import them most times change nothing, sometimes I have random delay times changes."

What do you mean by re-import them? Are you reloading a saved setting in Mod Delay 1 or 2?

Mike
Old 10-23-2003, 01:59 PM

Hello Mike, thanks for your reply.
Quote:
Have you opened any of these sessions without Mod Delay 1 loaded and then saved the session?
Do you have a backup copy of the session that you can try opening? If you try opening the session and saving the Mod Delay settings.

You may want to try removing Mod Dealy 2 from the plug-ins folder and then relaunching and reopening the session.

I'll give it a try ASAP

Quote:
"When I try to re-import them most times change nothing, sometimes I have random delay times changes."

What do you mean by re-import them? Are you reloading a saved setting in Mod Delay 1 or 2?

I'll try to explain better: when I open an old (5.x.x) session, Mod Delay I plugs are in the right places. I can see my setting's names but they have wrong delay times (most times 3658ms). Then I tried to import settings again. I also tried to close that plugs then reload them (both with Mod Delay I and II). 3658ms again..

I always use Session folder to save my plugs settings. However, unsuccesfully tried to use Root folder too.

I'm loving PT 6.1.2 but need to solve this problem: I've only used Digi plugs for delays....

Thanks again, I'll let you know