How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2013, 02:45 PM

Default Pro Tools 8 LE with MBox Mini

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting, so I apologize if my question is placed in the wrong area. I recently installed Pro Tools 10 on my Mac and have been using it every day without issue for the past two months. A friend of mine recently bought Pro Tools 8 LE for her PC and asked me to install it. Being the cocky guy I am, I said, "Sure! Piece of cake!"

Well, it's been anything but a piece of cake.

The installation went fine. I initially thought she'd have issues trying to install an older Pro Tools onto her Windows 8 system, but it installed fine and loads fine. No crashes or anything.

The MBox Mini she bought shows proper levels in channel 1 and channel 2 separately. I've adjusted the gain to make sure neither the mic in channel 1 nor the guitar in channel 2 is clipping. I can hear the instruments fine through headphones plugged into the MBox Mini. But, when I record-enable track 1 in Pro Tools with Analog Input 1, it shows no levels. When I change it to Analog Input 2, it shows a very low level (1/3 up the green meter).

The strangest thing is that both the mic and the guitar are registering on the same track when Analog Input 2 is selected. I would have thought that, with the guitar on channel 2 on the MBox, the mic wouldn't register on the track.

If this helps, when I import audio into Pro Tools and play the tracks, the audio is completely distorted in the headphones plugged into the MBox. I feel so stupid not being able to help my friend out with this. Oh, and I thought maybe there was some issue with Windows 8, so I installed the same setup on her Windows Vista computer and it does the exact same thing. Also, I upgraded Pro Tools 8 to 8.0.5 and the Mbox driver is 1.1.7.

Ideas? Thanks.