Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 09:33 PM

Default Midi Issue with Digi 002

When my Korg Triton Pro is plugged in to the midi-in input of my Digi 002 the 'midi in' LED in the front blinks rapidly. This leads to believe that the connection b/t the two is sound. However, when arming a midi-track in a session (i am using PT 6.4 on OS X 10.3.9) no midi "signal" comes through when i play the keyboard. I opened up the Audio Midi Setup and the Triton didn't register there either. I created a new controller and connected it with the Digi 002, but it was to no avail in Pro Tools.
IS this a I/O problem within Pro Tools or the 002, or is at a communication issue bewteen the Triton and the 002? (I've never installed a Triton specific driver on my computer)

Also, I have the same problem trying to get my controller to register/do anything in Reason 3.0. I came here in hopes that it had something to do with the Digi 002.

Could this be a Digi Core Audio (I am updated) issue? Or possibly some other iternal routing issue?

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 12-26-2006, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Midi Issue with Digi 002

be sure "mdi thru" is enabled....

you don't need a driver or anything to show up in audi-midi for the Triton if you are going into the 002 midi input. just be sure you select the same channel as the triton and enable "midi thru" in PT>

randy
Old 12-27-2006, 12:44 PM

Midi Thru was arlready enabled. Still nothing...
Old 02-08-2007, 09:38 AM

I am having the same problem here. Same configuration. The protools software receives no midi but the DIGI002 is definitely receiving it because the midi in light blinks when I play a keyboard. Any hints?
Old 02-16-2007, 04:45 AM

The constant blinking ocurring on the 002's mindi-in activity-LED is caused by active sensing messages, which most keyboards send every 300ms. This constant blinking is inrrupted when note or controller essages are received.
One reason why MIDI note messages dont go out of synths would be that local on means for the keyboard that MIDI is exclusively sent to the instrument's sound engine. Normally local on means that MIDI is sent as well directly to the sound engine as to the MIDI out.
So I would recommend that you select local off, enable MIDI transmission for all channels and enable MIDI receive for all channels. There used to be bugs related to the 002's MIDI ports, but none of them were related to not receiving or sending data. Of course MIDI through must be enabled in protools in order to pass through incoming MIDI messages from the in port which is set on the MIDI track to the out port which is set on the MIDI track (as input you can select all ports, all channels, as output you have to set a specific port and one specific channel). No sound module requires software installation, software installation is only neccessary when the sound module is also an USB MIDI interface, or the sound module provides the possibility to use it as a plugin. By the way: Using hardware MIDI instruments as plugins is impossible in protools due to conflicts between the plugin and protools regarding the MIDI port which both are trying to use. The same conflict happens in reason, when you try to set up a control surface for reason while reason is rewired in protools.