Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2012, 11:45 AM

Default missing ilok on PTHD10 help!!

running mac pro quad 2009 era, the latest PTHD10 on Native card. osx 10.6.8

everything was working fine until I removed my ilok to put in another usb to charge my ipad. I put back my ilok and now i get message when launching protools that missing ilok for pt 10.

yes i have gone to ilok to look in there and see my lic, yes it was working before, and no this is not my first PTHD rig. It's my 3rd and this blows. I have spots to cut today and I'm sitting here with no answers other than digi support site with a fix for windows and no Mac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:21 PM

Default Re: missing ilok on PTHD10 help!!

so no one is having this problem on Mac, just Windows? I see the windows solution posted, but no one on Mac? come on Avid, chime in here please. I use my rig all day every day for voice work.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Avid

The problem on Windows is due to a service in the installer that's not running on some (very few) systems. (kb430451 covers this.)

Did you verify that you have the Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools HD 10 licenses on your iLok? (PTHD10 needs both.)

Did you try installing the iLok Driver again now that the iLok is plugged in?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:02 PM

ok so, dont worry about it Avid. I spent all day and got it working. Now I can get back to doing real work.

For anyone else out there, I reinstalled the latest pthd10 then restarted. Then went to Ilok.com and redownloaded the drivers and installed them. Then I shut down the machine, moved the ilok to an different usb port (keep in mind that i tested all usb ports and they all work fine ), trashed all PT prefs with the trash prefs utility (check the forum for that app), then shut down. Rebooted with the ilok in a random new usb port and it problem solved.

With so many folks out there having this issue, why is this not a stick?