Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2010, 04:28 AM

Default Duplicate track shortcut not working SORTED!

Hi,

Rebooted and its working now! also had a few other funnies going on. lo-Air was only passing left channel and Control 24 started to display "PT has dialogue on the screen" etc. might have started when i disabled all accel chips to test the Heat usage

Duplicate track is not working for me since 8.1

Its the same shortcut as opening the dock but i have removed that, but still not working.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Duplicate track shortcut not working

so far I know the command for duplicate track is different from that one for the dock, I´m not on PT at this moment, but I think it´s shift-option-d

maybe I´m wrong or you did change it in the system prefs or with quickeys ?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 08-19-2010, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Duplicate track shortcut not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonwurm View Post
so far I know the command for duplicate track is different from that one for the dock, I´m not on PT at this moment, but I think it´s shift-option-d

maybe I´m wrong or you did change it in the system prefs or with quickeys ?
Hi,

Got it sorted now" you're right its option+shift. But as the Control 24 is losing more of its modifier shortcuts with each upgrade i had forgotten the exact keys! i always use the Control 24 for these shortcuts and just do it out of habit rather than look at which keys i'm pressing.

Really miss the create new track and bounce to disk shortcuts that now don't work on the Control 24

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Duplicate track shortcut not working SORTED!

Chris -

Just so I understand,

When your Control24 modifiers did work, you would hold down modifiers on the controller AND hit keys on the keyboard? So you'd hold down shift apple on control 24 and then 'N' on your keyboard? Control24 doesn't have a keyboard.. So I'm wondering how that would have been faster then just using the keyboard?

My modifiers still work in 8.0.3 and it's a pretty old Control24. I only really realize they still work when someone leaves a clipboard or something on the edge and the control key gets held down, turning my cursor to scrub.

That'll freak you out for a minute or two!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Duplicate track shortcut not working SORTED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Russell View Post
Chris -

Just so I understand,

When your Control24 modifiers did work, you would hold down modifiers on the controller AND hit keys on the keyboard? So you'd hold down shift apple on control 24 and then 'N' on your keyboard? Control24 doesn't have a keyboard.. So I'm wondering how that would have been faster then just using the keyboard?

My modifiers still work in 8.0.3 and it's a pretty old Control24. I only really realize they still work when someone leaves a clipboard or something on the edge and the control key gets held down, turning my cursor to scrub.

That'll freak you out for a minute or two!
Hi,

Yes i use the Control 24 modifier keys with the qwerty as well as the number keys on the Control 24! control modifier keys for new track and bounce have not worked for quite a while now,

I have just always got into the habit of using the control surface instead of the keyboard. my left hand always sits there!! so having to move over to the qwerty for the mod keys is a pain

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com