Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2015, 03:33 AM

Default Re: EastWest subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianosound View Post
True, but not so bad compared to VSL. I use Hollywood strings & brass, (and some VSL) but wanted to try the Berlin series, so got the Woodwinds, $400- $500. Really,, really nice!!
Question: is there any way to get the site to show in US dollars and not euros? Couldn't find anything and while I do have a currency converter bookmarked it's inconvenient to go to for something quick.

QAPLA!
Old 07-07-2015, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Question: is there any way to get the site to show in US dollars and not euros? Couldn't find anything and while I do have a currency converter bookmarked it's inconvenient to go to for something quick.
I know??? I never found a way either, a real pain.
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz | Asus Z97-Pro LGA 1150 Intel 6Gb | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2400 | Asus GT640 Silent 2 GB GDDR3 | Samsung 850 Pro SSD's, WD Caviar Black HDD's | PSU Corsair 750W ATX12V | Windows 10 | Presonus Studio One | 003R PT's 12.8 | Waves Platinum | Ivory/Piano | Berlin Woodwinds, Nocturne Solo Violin | SPITFIRE Solo Strings | EastWest Hollywood Strings, Brass, Pro Drummer, and Stormdrum 2 | VSL | Vienna Ensemble Pro | M-Audio Code 61, FaderPort 8 |
Old 09-03-2015, 07:08 PM

To be honest I was disappointed with their sounds and libs. You only get very light stuff and there isn't much in them. I rather use my KBs I have here at home, Kronos X 88, Yamaha MOFX 88 and my old Alesis Fusion along with my plugins.

Just disappointed with EW.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboman01 View Post
To be honest I was disappointed with their sounds and libs. You only get very light stuff and there isn't much in them. I rather use my KBs I have here at home, Kronos X 88, Yamaha MOFX 88 and my old Alesis Fusion along with my plugins.

Just disappointed with EW.
There's all sorts of great sample libraries and patches out there. The issue as always is what is needed for the job at hand? In that light, EW libraries are excellent for many, many musical applications. They are well done and versatile. Will they fit all needs? No...no one library ever does!

Old 12-01-2015, 11:26 AM

I did one month of the EASTWEST thing but after you only get GOLD not the platinum I decided the money I was paying out was not worth it. With Pro TOols you pay what you get, with Photoshop you pay with what you get and Adobe gives us more. With EASTWEST you get BS crap for 50 a month. Sorry not with me they won't.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:28 AM

Also at least with the other product companies that do this you get a FULL product not some 10 keys that we can only play. I'm sure they could have sampled a lot more steps and make things 88 keys.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboman01 View Post
Also at least with the other product companies that do this you get a FULL product not some 10 keys that we can only play. I'm sure they could have sampled a lot more steps and make things 88 keys.
Those are only for the range of each individual instrument. A violin doesn't have strings long enough to play 88 keys! Most of these companies get their samples from recording directly from the,, say 'flute'. Although there is a bass flute, it wouldn't reach the bottom of a keyboard, let alone no where near the top!
Mike
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz | Asus Z97-Pro LGA 1150 Intel 6Gb | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2400 | Asus GT640 Silent 2 GB GDDR3 | Samsung 850 Pro SSD's, WD Caviar Black HDD's | PSU Corsair 750W ATX12V | Windows 10 | Presonus Studio One | 003R PT's 12.8 | Waves Platinum | Ivory/Piano | Berlin Woodwinds, Nocturne Solo Violin | SPITFIRE Solo Strings | EastWest Hollywood Strings, Brass, Pro Drummer, and Stormdrum 2 | VSL | Vienna Ensemble Pro | M-Audio Code 61, FaderPort 8 |
Old 12-09-2015, 10:05 AM

Default Re: So what's REALLy going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I have to respectfully disagree. Granted there are many great libraries out there that sound different...but "better" is relative in so many ways. Personally I find their RA, Silk and Voices of Passion libraries outstanding and gorgeous sounding. So far, I've had no problems using the Play engine either. EW sounds great, and are easy to use, in my opinion.
+1.

I too signed up for the $29 per month plan. It is my first monthly subscription for a DAW related product. I think it is a fantastic deal for music makers. Being able to log into my account and cancel and start again with no penalty is great too.

I already own the Complete Composers Collection Gold and have faired quite well with it as a freelance producer. So, not having the platinum extras with my plan is fine.

This is the first time my internet provider contacted me about almost reaching a monthly download limit. (I've already downloaded several large libraries with no issues at all).

It's been great for me.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
+1.

I too signed up for the $29 per month plan. It is my first monthly subscription for a DAW related product. I think it is a fantastic deal for music makers. Being able to log into my account and cancel and start again with no penalty is great too.

I already own the Complete Composers Collection Gold and have faired quite well with it as a freelance producer. So, not having the platinum extras with my plan is fine.

This is the first time my internet provider contacted me about almost reaching a monthly download limit. (I've already downloaded several large libraries with no issues at all).

It's been great for me.
Not to sidetrack the thread (I also have several Play engine libs like Ra, SD2 and EWQLSO Gold) you have my interest with you getting by your isp about reaching a monthly download limit. Are you using a wireless connection or do you have a wired service? And who's your provider? I heard something in a TV news report a couple of weeks ago about the new 4k TV's and how they're a bigger power suck than older sets and also that they could have on overrun their download limit. First I ever heard that for TV or a wired connection like Verizon FIOS or Comcast.

QAPLA!
Old 12-09-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Not to sidetrack the thread (I also have several Play engine libs like Ra, SD2 and EWQLSO Gold) you have my interest with you getting by your isp about reaching a monthly download limit. Are you using a wireless connection or do you have a wired service? And who's your provider? I heard something in a TV news report a couple of weeks ago about the new 4k TV's and how they're a bigger power suck than older sets and also that they could have on overrun their download limit. First I ever heard that for TV or a wired connection like Verizon FIOS or Comcast.
I use both, wired and wireless. The provider is Comcast. Maybe I should make a stink about it, since I'm paying every month for the service; didn't know there was a limit. Maybe the limit info is in the sacred fine print scroll that I didn't read.

Add normal family and business usage, plus the dozen or so EWQL libraries I downloaded this month... I certainly see how the limit was reached.