Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2011, 10:54 AM

Default Command 8 with PT9 Win 7 64 Bit not working

I recently upgraded my system to Win 7 64 bit and Pro Tools 9. I installed the latest command 8 driver and PT9 does not communicate with Command 8. If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Some thoughts:

1. I did not install PT9 as administrator could that be the problem?

2. Maybe the driver I have is not the latest because it is from 2007? I thought it would be from 2010. If so does anyone know the actual location of the driver so I can browse to it while updating the driver for Command 8.

3. Maybe I have to change my DEP setting? I saw this somewhere. I am not sure how to even do it.

4. I use the Mbox 2 Pro sound card, should I also update the Midi I/O drivers as well as the sound card?

Command 8 worked flawlessly with PT LE and I have come to rely on it heavily so any help would obviously be appreciated.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:19 AM

Default Re: Command 8 with PT9 Win 7 64 Bit not working

Update!!

I have discovered the problem seems to be a conflict with my Axiom Pro 49 keyboard. When I remove the Axiom Pro 49 from the peripherals the Command 8 works perfectly.

I somewhat solved that problem by setting up the APP 49 on the row after Command 8 but had error messages saying it could not communicate with the APP 49. I simply checked the box to ignore it and it now works perfectly except for the annoying message upon startup of PT9 that the midi controller Axiom Pro 49 cannot be found. Hey but it works!

Maybe I should reinstall the Axiom Pro 49 driver? I will give that a shot and update this post in case anyone else has a similar problem.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Command 8 with PT9 Win 7 64 Bit not working

Are you saying the Command and Axiom were both used under PT LE with no problems?
I always thought that using the Command blocked other things from working under peripherals?