Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-18-2009, 08:15 AM

Default Re: The Official Unofficial Windows 7 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdutaillis View Post
PS. Glad to hear you went with the i7 build! How is it working out for you so far?
Absolutely rocking! I pushed the O/C only to 3GHz so far.. but at stock voltage and rock solid.

I had one issue where I was popping 6088 errors all the time and couldn't sort out why. I did my software install pre-O/C so I wasn't overly worried about corrupt data, but I couldn't sort it out.

I used the latency checker and just watch for awhile in various modes then went to hardware manager and started turning things off one at a time. It was a faulty IDE CD burner.. As soon as I disconnected it the latency spike all but disappeared. So I pulled it and the IDE DVD burner, chucked 'em in the bin and installed a nice new SATA combo burner.

I have the 003 set at 64 samples in the playback engine and it is rocking on.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I dont think so as PT is still 32 bit. Just the drivers are 64 bit. Once its all 64 bit i guess theoretically you should have "better" quality.
Will my plugins load faster than my current 32 bit OS with the 3gb switch on? I have a duo core processer with 4gb of RAM. I'm just trying to see the benefits of going 64bit at this time vs staying at 32 bit. (I'm running LE)
Old 12-18-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
What do you mean by "faster" when launch Pro Tools or when putting them on an Insert? Either way, probably no, since it shouldnt be taking that long anyway. But since you have 4GB of Ram, Pro Tools will have access to that now, and if you add more, say 8GB's then PT will still have 4GB's to use, but your OS and other apps can use the rest unlike 32 bit when 3.25ish is all the OS can "see" So you should be able to load more VI's and what not in PT, and your PC should be more responsive
So is it best that I go 64 bit fo that PT can have access to the whole 4gb of RAM or should I stay at 32bit with 3gb switch on. My laptop's limit is 4gb of ram...
Old 12-18-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiz View Post
So is it best that I go 64 bit fo that PT can have access to the whole 4gb of RAM or should I stay at 32bit with 3gb switch on. My laptop's limit is 4gb of ram...

just so everyone gets this. the 64 bit drivers are in BETA!!!!! they are only for testing reasons for the most purpose. they are still issues to deal with and plugin issues that need resolved and such. at this point i would not be recomending anyone with only one boot drive to work from to go to 64 bit. i would guess that full support hopefully will not be to far from now, but not there yet. most users should be staying at 32 bit.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 12-18-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Did you install the Windows 7 beta drive along with 8.0.3? they are 2 downloads.
Thank you Benoni.......
Getting sound...but from time to time I get a funny noise through the monitors..... anybody else experiencing the same?
Old 12-18-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiz View Post
Read what Guitardom has said about beta above, and alxo realize that you system needs RAM to run exclusive of PT. If you only can install 4GB of RAM you are best to stay with 32bit and the /3GB switch.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-18-2009, 02:16 PM

Hey,

I got a brand new latop with Windows 7. I have a M Box 2 that I plug into the new laptop and it does not work at all. No power or anything. I also have pro tools 6.8 installed. It cannot find the right driver. Ive tried everything.

I think I might go get Protools 8. Do you think it will work if I install it and just use my Mbox 2 only with it? I just mainly want the Mbox to have power so I can use it. I have not had a chance to use it since I got it. Thanks!
Old 12-18-2009, 03:03 PM

Yeah the one I was thinking about getting is Pro Tools 8 LE. I really hope it will work with my Mbox 2
Old 12-18-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
This should make you guys happy

Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 Update for Windows 7 32/64 bit beta drivers

thanks Digi
arrrrrrrrrrrr *drooling* will test tommorow!
Old 12-18-2009, 05:00 PM

So was I not supposed to plug in my Mbox 2 during the 8.03 update?

"When running the Pro Tools installer on a Windows 7 machine, DO NOT plug in your LE unit when the installer instructs you to do so. This could cause installation errors. When you run the 8.0.4b Driver Installer, you will receive a similar instruction. Please plug in your unit at that time."

This is confusing me. Was I supposed to wait to plug it in for the 8.04b driver installer?