Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 08:08 PM

Default retard needs help...

i just bought a used mbox from a friend, and want to use it on my new macbook (intel 2ghz processor, 2gb ram, 320gb external usb2.0 hard drive). the mbox came with protools le 6.x and i was getting the error: 'digidesign hardware is in use by another application', even if the hardware wasnt plugged in. i found a copy of protools 7 and soon discovered that this version is not compatible with my computer either. so im assuming i need the newest version but i just want to make sure, before i go out and buy it.

even if i do, so far all ive found on this site is the update, not the software in its entirety.

im still pretty new to protools, daws and recording in general so i need help troubleshooting. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks...
Old 02-16-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: retard needs help...

Digidesign Home page and mouse the Support Tab and select Support & Downloads. Then select from the Pro Tools LE option, Mbox and find out what is required.

filosofem
Old 02-17-2007, 03:37 AM

You'll need at least LE 7.1.1. AFAIK this particular 'update' does not need a previously installed older PPC version on the system, so it's a full install. Of course you can download it for free only if the 7.0 copy you 'found' is registered under your name...
LE 7.3.x is another paid update from 7.x
Old 02-17-2007, 09:57 AM

I don't think people who "find" software should be helped here.

Transfer the license and BUY the software upgrade.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:33 AM

funny...he never wrote back... huh... maybe someday I will happen to just stumble across an HD rig... what? I found it... its mine.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:43 PM

wow. thanks. yes, i 'found' a copy of 7, but i did indeed pay for the used mbox along with the older version of le that came with it. i didnt mean to agitate anyone whos takes it upon themselves to be a digidesign nazi. i have no problem paying for the software, as long as i know thats the only reason for my problem.

sorry odds, for not posting sooner. things like work tend to get in the way of me checking this site more than once every 24 hours.

thanks to everyone else. i do appreciate the help.

special thanks to lwilliam. you're really doing your part. good job buddy.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:50 PM

Any time. It does seem that if your "found" software had worked, your story would be different. The only reason you posted here is because this "found" software didn't work.

Two posts and you're an expert on everyone's cultural background here. I made no comment about your cultural background, I only alluded that you're a thief if you "found" some software as did one or two others. References to cultural or religious backgrounds will probably get you banned from the forum...and not by me. Also note this paragraph from the TOU:

"Any discussion regarding illegal software is not allowed, regardless of whether or not the message content is for or against, or anywhere in between. Anyone selling or soliciting illegal software will be denied future access to this BB and may face additional actions."

This thread could disappear.

You need to do a license transfer from Digi, then purchase the upgrade.

Good to hear you're willing to get legal software.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.