How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2019, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

wow a thread from 2015...
Nope Automation with VST Plugins works great...Better than in Protools...
PTU still have problems with Delay Compensation...
A big problem is Side Chaining... Another Problem with AAX is, that Protools get the right latency from the plugin to the host, but when bouncing some tracks have delays, cause PTU´s DC don´t interprete the values correctly...
Another big problem... DC does not work correctly, when using Instrument tracks routed to audio tracks with input monitoring for heat...
And yes AVID... work on Heat... The limitation to audio tracks is not helpful and i think, its time to open Heat for Instrument Tracks or Aux Inputs...

I don´t need VST or AU Support in Protools, cause every major plugin company, i use, have AAX Versions, but to say VST Plugins are lame, cause Automation don´t work is really stupid...jfreak...

I use Abelton Live for example, which can host VST and AU Plugins... No Problem with automation at all...or reason...no problems or Nuendo...and co...AU works great in Logic, DP and co...

More important is, that Avid get the DC fixed with the possibility for sidechain processing for native AAX Plugins... (AAX DSP works fine)
Old 04-08-2019, 11:35 AM

Last post Oct 11, 2018 and still wishing for a workaround

Anyway, I'm not an expert when it comes to VST, I've so been spoiled with PT automation...
Old 04-08-2019, 11:36 AM

We are falling in fantasy land here
Old 04-08-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerLe View Post
PTU still have problems with (...) Side Chaining
True, that only works if you have HDX hardware. Don't have a clue why native mixer can't handle it. Marketing Department?
Old 04-08-2019, 11:38 AM

Do we know for sure they're overhauling the audio engine, or are we just assuming that because they're going to allow us to insert plugins during playback?
Old 04-08-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
Do we know for sure they're overhauling the audio engine, or are we just assuming that because they're going to allow us to insert plugins during playback?
I think it's "overhaul of an audio engine" if it gives us continuous playback and huge amount of extra voices, no?
Old 04-08-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
As Spock would say, logic suggests they are overhauling the audio engine. The rest of us are squeezing our eyes shut and saying "I do believe, I do believe, I DO believe..."
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike
Old 04-08-2019, 12:15 PM

Even if the issue has not been resolved, it seems an isolated problem, and that most people would still use VST integration if it was available. There are number of VST only plugins that are worth having. There are AAX to VST wrappers of course, but they are not convenient.

Personally, I've never noticed an issue with VST plugin automation but I've never needed it to be sample accurate. It seems like only small subset of users would need that level of accuracy, even if true. Can you confirm that AAX is sample accurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
VST plugin automation is not sample accurate and are drifting a little from bounce to bounce
Old 04-08-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
Can you confirm that AAX is sample accurate?
Yes, unless there is a problem with delay compensation in general in which case nothing is sample accurate

EDIT:
Shouldn't happen in released builds, but as I was in the PT7/8 beta team I used to use the lemons as well...
Old 04-08-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
.....perhaps Avid can release an update that addresses the OS and CPU issues separately while continuing to work on the extra voices, releasing the extra voices at a later date,

If they can make the audio engine and the entire program more efficient and can work better with the same horsepower that we currently have (both CPU and HDX) and make it stable people will spend the money myself included
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.