Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2015, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Exponential adds subscriptions

And while rental is more expensive. There is a credit if you rent for at least a year. While probably still more than buying out right. It's kind of a rent to own thing. I'm actually thinking about it. I would love to just buy the stereo verbs, but can't come up with that much at once. But I might could swing $35 a month for year. It would be really cool, if say, after two years you got a full perpetual license at not additional cost. I mean depending on if you paid monthly or yearly you've already paid more than the normal selling price. Just a thought.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:29 PM
Gobbler

Default Re: Exponential goes subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
I think for a hobbyist who self produces, this could save alot of money. Let's say you work a full time job and do music as a hobby and your goal is to release one album a year. 11 months of the year are spent writing, recording and arranging the music in your spare time. You spend 1 month working on final mixes. That ends up being $35 a year. Obviously if you are a professional who uses the product day in and day out, the permanent license makes much more sense.

Hi John! Yes you are right on target. Our hope with offering subscriptions is to give a whole new group of people access to the beautiful effects our partners create. Our mission is to encourage folks to use these high end tools to make their music. We have made it so you can turn the subscription on and off with the click of a button. This way if your project ends or you are travelling you can be rest assured you are not paying for something you are not using. Then you can start it right back up when you need it. We have also built all of the installation right into the Gobbler app so if you are moving between computers it is really simple to have your software follow you.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:33 PM
Gobbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
What's more interesting is the mention of the "Gobbler Store".*

Anyone know anything about that??

*still the worst company name EVER btw. Not sure who thought that was a good idea.
Hi Drew. You must be from the UK? I think Gobbler has a splendidly different meaning over there than here in the US. We love it.

As for the Gobbler Store. We are working with a number of our favorite plug-in companies to help them offer subscriptions along with perpetual licenses. Our hope is we can provide access to these high end tools to folks who may not have the pocketbook for a perpetual but would to use these plugs on their projects. We have 50 companies signed up and we will be launching some exciting new bundles in the coming weeks.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbler View Post
Hi Drew. You must be from the UK? I think Gobbler has a splendidly different meaning over there than here in the US. We love it.
Nope. East coaster.

3 things come to mind for me.... and none of them are what you want your high tech company associated with IMO. But hey, we all have to like something.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg gobb.jpg (46.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg turkey2.jpg (32.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg knob_gobbler.jpg (28.1 KB, 0 views)

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:40 PM

Default Exponential adds subscriptions

OMG - she better hope that's not a tattoo, that's got to be a prank oh my God

And on topic, this is probably the only subscription I will consider.....
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.