Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 AM

Default HELP... MOTU MICROLITE and PRO TOOLS 7.3 M-POWERED HELP!!!!!

Hopefully somebody in here has some experience with this interface...

I hooked up a MOTU Microlite Midi Interface last night so that I could get 5 more midi/ins/outs into my computer.

It's hooked up on a USB Hub along with a Korg PadKontrol

Anyways, all my synths, etc are plugged into the Motu and everything is getting signal, etc.

In Reason 4.0 , I'm able to use all synths, controllers just fine, and route everything.

BUT in PRO TOOLS 7.3 I can see the controllers/modules in my routing boxes when I create a midi track...
But I can't seem to get any midi signal , nor hear the sounds the synths/modules are playing.

As I said, everything works fine in reason, and I sometimes see midi info going into the computer on some tracks in PRO TOOLS But I can't seem to get the midi signals routed back out to the synths and modules.

I think I must have something wrong internally in ProTools
I'm synching everything to my Rosetta A/D through SpDIF 24bit/48000k Maybe there's a problem with synch?

Also wondering if the fact that the PadKontrol is plugged in USB instead of through a midiport on the microlite if it's creating a conflict?

Or if the fact I have Firewire 410 and it's Midi ins/outs are active too if that's creating a conflict.

Everything is routed through Apple Audio/Midi on Intel Macbook.

HELP!!!! WHy does this stuff work in one program but none of the others... Suggestions??????

Hopefully this is clear.
Any help?
Antagonist
Old 10-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Avid

Default Re: HELP... MOTU MICROLITE and PRO TOOLS 7.3 M-POWERED HELP!!!!!

Is 'MIDI Thru' enabled?
Old 10-09-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: HELP... MOTU MICROLITE and PRO TOOLS 7.3 M-POWERED HELP!!!!!

Yeah, I have Midi Through enabled.

This always happens when I reroute my midi connections in my studio... There's always that "one" button somewhere that needs to be pressed.

This is just weird, I know something has got to be setup wrong somewhere but the fact that everything works 100% perfect in Reason... makes me think that there is something set wrong in Pro Tools.

I'm pretty sure all my other midi settings are correct?

Any other thoughts on solutions?
Thanks in Advance
A.N.T.