Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2017, 09:13 AM

Default Mastering Correctly?

I wanted to know if it is okay to master my audio while it is in clip mode? I have been doing sessions but without stemming the instrument tracks to audio tracks to receive wave file! Is the is procedure of mixing and mastering okay . I do my initial bounces of the sessions in clip mode, i figure as long as the audio is present that it should not be a problem." Please respond! Thanks, PANTHER1
Old 11-15-2017, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Mastering Correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther1 View Post
I wanted to know if it is okay to master my audio while it is in clip mode? I have been doing sessions but without stemming the instrument tracks to audio tracks to receive wave file! Is the is procedure of mixing and mastering okay . I do my initial bounces of the sessions in clip mode, i figure as long as the audio is present that it should not be a problem." Please respond! Thanks, PANTHER1
I'm going to respectfully suggest that you find an experienced engineer in your area and pay them to show you the basics of audio engineering.

You'll learn about tracking, overdubbing, mixing, and mastering. And how PT fits into all these separate processes.

I don't think you're going to get a good grasp by posting on a forum.

my 2 cents.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.