Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2009, 03:00 PM

Default M-Powered w/no interface

Hello

I apologize if this has been asked before, and I have a feeling I already know what the answer is, but I haven't the foggiest idea as to what to search for to find the answer.

I am wondering if it is possible to run M-Powered in the same way you can run LE with the Mbox Micro, ie. just using the iLok to use Pro Tools for editing and not recording. I know an M-Audio interface is required to record and whatnot, but, say, I do my recordings with the interface and then wanted to do some editing on a plane or something, would that be possible?

Thanks
Kevin
Old 12-17-2009, 04:19 PM

Default Re: M-Powered w/no interface

The only way to do it with M-Powered is with the Transit interface, which I do use. It's a little bigger than the Micro and you still need the iLok, BUT it has an input and an output so you can actually track in your hotel room!! I'd want my iLok anyway because of all my Waves plugins.

I got mine for $49 if you look around.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:39 PM

Thanks Eric. I figured it probably couldn't be done on its own, but now that I see the Transit that looks like it could be a viable option. Thanks!
Old 12-19-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeke07 View Post
Hello

I apologize if this has been asked before, and I have a feeling I already know what the answer is, but I haven't the foggiest idea as to what to search for to find the answer.

I am wondering if it is possible to run M-Powered in the same way you can run LE with the Mbox Micro, ie. just using the iLok to use Pro Tools for editing and not recording. I know an M-Audio interface is required to record and whatnot, but, say, I do my recordings with the interface and then wanted to do some editing on a plane or something, would that be possible?

Thanks
Kevin
You could also install LE and MP on the same system. They need to be exactly the same version! There's a note somewhere on the Digi site that explains how to do this. You get PTLE with the Micro right?