Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-27-2008, 02:20 AM

Default Does Leopard have waveform problems?

I'm in Tiger in Pro Tools 7.4 with the waveform problem (you know...the recording and getting messed up/no waveforms). I know the work around and that's cool for now.
But i'm wondering, is there any waveform problems with 7.4.2 in Leopard (as far as recording)? I'm considering making the jump into Leopard and that winds up being a factor in making the jump.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:44 AM

I'm now experiencing waveform problems - something that has never happened before!!! It's very odd.

I'm using a 002r with 7.4.2 and the latest Macbook with 10.5.4
Old 07-28-2008, 10:27 AM

Default Me too!!!!

Yep same problem, Running a new iMac 2.66 intel on Leopard, with PT 7.4.2.
Very frustrating, My only way around it is to consolidate the audio, and the waveform becomes normal.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaise84 View Post
Yep same problem, Running a new iMac 2.66 intel on Leopard, with PT 7.4.2.
Very frustrating, My only way around it is to consolidate the audio, and the waveform becomes normal.
You should be able to use "recalculate waveform overviews" in the region bin drop down menu.

I don't know why Digi has failed to fix this so far (the incorrect waveform displays are a known bug). It's been 9 months since 7.4 was released and they've yet to address this and number of other seemingly simple bugs that were introduced with 7.4. Not really a great sign unfortunately. This same bug actually affects how other applications are able to use (or not use) ProTools audio files as well, so it's not just a visual thing, it's actually pretty embarrassing that PT is unable to create industry standard audio files when it's supposed to be the industry standard audio application.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:12 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
it's actually pretty embarrassing that PT is unable to create industry standard audio files when it's supposed to be the industry standard audio application.

Good burn!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:06 AM

I inquired with Digi about the waveform problem again last week. This was the reply I got.

Hi,

I know that it is on the current "to do list" now that 7.4.2 has been released we are hoping to check it into an upcoming CS release. I will forward your concerns to the appropriate parties. Thanks again for your patience with this issue.

Best regards,
Digidesign Technical Support