Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-12-2008, 12:19 AM

Default Waveform Drawing Issue???

After upgrading to 7.4 in January... my waveforms consistently draw incorrectly.

I have been experiencing this error in waveform drawing for about 6 months. I have read through the forums and it seems that there is still no fix??? Is this possibly true?? I have gotten these errors with 003, Mbox and Mbox Micro (when recording through rewire). Does anyone have any more information or has digi responded in the last couple months? It seems almost impossible to believe that this issue wasn't fixed in a matter of weeks. I get a false waveform with almost every single thing I record. How can Pro Tools let this happen? Isn't recording a visual for a waveform a main and important aspect of recording?

DO ANY OF THE UPDATES ADDRESS THIS ISSUE?

I have been hesitant to update cause I don't want any more backtracking. I don't really use the elastic time much and this waveform issue has become a big headache and annoyance to dealing with pro tools. Please let me know if anybody has any updates or knowledge about fixes.

Thanks.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Waveform Drawing Issue???

I don't know that they specifically had a CS to fix this, but I used to have this problem all the time with earlier versions of 7.4, but somewhere along the cs upgrade route, I stopped noticing the problem.

It still may exist; but it definitely didn't occur in the last session I just did with a vocalist. It used to happen just about every time I recorded audio.

I would certainly advise using the latest 7.4cs4 or 7.4cs5. I'm running cs4 and haven't noticed it on my machine lately.

PTLE8/002r;OS 10.6.4 2 x 2.26Ghz quadcore,6GB RAM, Waves Platinum, many other plugins...
Old 06-17-2008, 12:58 PM

I've had the same problem for many months now too. I did update to 7.4cs5 and I'm still experiencing incorrect waveform drawing. I cleared all of the preferences and digi database files, etc.... too.

I contacted digidesign about this and even sent them a copy of a problematic pro tools session. It's an intermittent problem with Power PC MACs apparently.

I too am very disappointed with digidesign that this problem hasn't yet been addressed.

Jon
Old 06-17-2008, 03:13 PM

It's now been 6 months since I first contacted Digi about this problem. I know that they have been busy with the whole Leopard update, but we really do need a fix for this. They've chimed in a couple of times here on the DUC and said that they are working on it. It would be nice to get another update. I hope that they are not blowing off us PPC users. I love Pro Tools, but they should be embarrassed by this problem. Not what you would expect from the "industry standard."