Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-1999, 10:18 AM

Default Fast Forward/ Rewind

Sometimes, holding down the fast forward or rewind buttons only fast forwards or rewinds at half speed. However, holding down these buttons with the mouse in the transport window fast forwards or rewinds at the normal speed. Quiting the session and going back in sometimes cures the problem, whereas rebooting always does. I've had this problem with 4.2 and it hasn't gone away with PT 5.0.

While I'm at it, in PT5 is there a way to return to the previous start point when stopping playback? Using markers is a bit time consuming and can get messy when all I want to do is play it again from the same place.

Minor gripes these, I'm generally very pleased with both PT5 and my new PC.

TIA,

Greg
Old 12-01-1999, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Fast Forward/ Rewind

>>>>>While I'm at it, in PT5 is there a way to return to the previous start point when stopping playback? Using markers is
a bit time consuming and can get messy when all I want to do is play it again from the same place.

I haven't seen the PT5 Preferences yet, but in 4.x go to Preferences and then Operation, top box checks where to play from insertion point or not. Unchecking that box will jump back to last insert point each time you hit play. The other way will play from where you stop. Both have their needs depending on what you are doing. I hope this is still there in 5.O

George
Classic Recording, Franklin, TN
www.classicrecording.com
www.classicrecording.com
Old 12-02-1999, 06:41 AM

Thanks George. I'm new to PT, when I installed 5 the selection in preferences was different to the default setting when I installed 4.3. Following your instructions it does exactly as I wanted.

Any suggestions on the FForward/Rewind on the PC problem?

Cheers,

Greg

[This message has been edited by Greg Malcangi (edited 12-02-99).]
Old 12-02-1999, 07:59 PM

I never use the transport buttons, so I was not aware of that. I will check it out next time I am at the studio. I own the studio in Franklin (Nashville), TN, but live in Ky. I go down to my projects and it operates without me (3 staff people/free-lance eng.) when I am home.

I will let you know if our does the same...

George
Classic Recording
www.classicrecording.com
www.classicrecording.com