Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-04-2001, 07:11 PM

Default NUDGE BUG NUDGE BUG!! Why wont you go away you little weasle?!?!

Any word on this Digi, please??

Im using 5.1.1 and its still there. I wont go thru the whole situation again (its in a million posts here already) but it kills me.. I cant do massive nudges without worrying if some regions will eat into others, move the audio within (instead of the region), or not move at all, and any permutation of these..

Any hints about future updates? please oh please
thanks
MT
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ø Cancellation!•
Old 09-05-2001, 06:00 AM
Avid

Default Re: NUDGE BUG NUDGE BUG!! Why wont you go away you little weasle?!?!

I used your steps posted here to try and reproduce this with 5.1.1. I was unable to do so. Regardless of what sequence the regions were created, everything seems to work:
-When I Nudge a region earlier or later, it "eats" into the next one (as opposed to sliding underneath it.

Do you have any additional information on the steps you are using which may make it easier for us to reproduce?

Brent

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: DigiTechSupt ]
Old 09-05-2001, 02:48 PM

We are victims of this issue too with 5.1. We have never been able to replicate the problem, we have tried. It always pops up when we are with a client and it shows up later on down the timeline, so you don't know when it happened. This really sucks for audio post users especially when we need to be locked to time. The only way we can be sure things won't move, disappear, or eat another segment is to lock them. Which defeats the purpose in the first place. It is a nightmare when it happens.
Old 09-06-2001, 03:46 AM

..and on a related note..
The only serious repeatable crash that we now experience on 5.1.1 is nudging when multiple regions are selected with the
.individual selector" tool.
Will often, but not allways cause a hard crash.

2 cents
Janne A.
Old 09-06-2001, 11:17 PM

"Do you have any additional information on the steps you are using which may make it easier for us to reproduce?
Brent"

Not really... but its the same as i listed in the link you gave me to my original post... For example, today i record a bass track in one pass. about a 2min take... then i did the usual punch ins, copy/pasting, duplicating regions, etc... normal operations.. then when it was time to do the nudging to get notes perfect, the bug reared its ugly head.. All these things happened at least once in doing about 15 separate nudges:

selection is nudged, but not region
audio within is nudged, but not region
region "slides and hides" underneath adjacent region

Now, the way i got around it is by zooming in some more, making another edit close the the original edit, then the new, slightly smaller region behaved as it should, eating into the the adjacent region...

Dont mean to be a pest Brent, but Im on 5.1.1 and im not making this up.. It happens, without fail, at least once in any given session...

Maybe it has to do with the amount of regions on top of regions on top of regions... Like if you do 5 punches of all different lengths around the same area so you get a bunch of regions, some overlapping, some hidden and some gone. Maybe once they pile up beyond a single region, with a single punch in , it rears itself...

Because when i notice this behavior is when i have multiple tracks that are all sliced and diced into over 20 pieces each, all in different spots.. Meaning the more complicated and messy a track is, the more often this bug comes up...

Hope this helps in some way to narrow this down
Thanks for the relpy tho Brent
MT

[ September 06, 2001: Message edited by: Mt.Everest ]
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ø Cancellation!•