Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2017, 01:35 PM

Default Pro Tools/Komplete 11 HELP

So I've had Pro Tools 10 for a while now, and recently updated to the latest version of 10 (which is 10.9.3 I believe?). I bought Komplete 11 yesterday and installed/updated everything that needed to be done, but when I load PT a few of the plugins do not show up. Absynth, Massive, FM8, Battery 4 and some others all loaded fine and I can use them without a problem. But I can't figure out how to get PT to recognize Kontakt 5 (which I was most excited about) and Reaktor 6 for some reason. They work as standalone applications on my iMac but aren't recognized in Pro Tools.

I did check the plug ins folder (Library>Application Support>Avid>Audio>Plugins) and they are in there. So frustrated right now. Please help.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools/Komplete 11 HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam bee View Post
So I've had Pro Tools 10 for a while now, and recently updated to the latest version of 10 (which is 10.9.3 I believe?). I bought Komplete 11 yesterday and installed/updated everything that needed to be done, but when I load PT a few of the plugins do not show up. Absynth, Massive, FM8, Battery 4 and some others all loaded fine and I can use them without a problem. But I can't figure out how to get PT to recognize Kontakt 5 (which I was most excited about) and Reaktor 6 for some reason. They work as standalone applications on my iMac but aren't recognized in Pro Tools.

I did check the plug ins folder (Library>Application Support>Avid>Audio>Plugins) and they are in there. So frustrated right now. Please help.
What version of OSX are you on? You give zero system info and there is no such thing as TMI (too much information) when asking for help here. All we know is you're on a Mac of some kind). Komplete 11 wants a minimum of Yosemite (OSX 10.10.x) and PT10 will not properly run there. PT10 is not and will never be made compatible with Yosemite or higher. BTW the latest version of PT10 is PT10.3.10 - don't sweat the numbering not being what you think it would be. Some of the older synths may run just fine in older OSX versions; it's just that Kontakt 5 (latest version is K5.6.6 I believe) and Reaktor 6 are way newer versions and need specific OSX versions to run.

This is what happens when there's no system info at hand - time is wasted and you may be given wrong info to solve your problem.

QAPLA!
Old 04-27-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
What version of OSX are you on? You give zero system info and there is no such thing as TMI (too much information) when asking for help here. All we know is you're on a Mac of some kind). Komplete 11 wants a minimum of Yosemite (OSX 10.10.x) and PT10 will not properly run there. PT10 is not and will never be made compatible with Yosemite or higher. BTW the latest version of PT10 is PT10.3.10 - don't sweat the numbering not being what you think it would be. Some of the older synths may run just fine in older OSX versions; it's just that Kontakt 5 (latest version is K5.6.6 I believe) and Reaktor 6 are way newer versions and need specific OSX versions to run.

This is what happens when there's no system info at hand - time is wasted and you may be given wrong info to solve your problem.
All I know it was the latest version of PT 10 so 10.3.10 it is.

Sorry should've stated I'm on Mavericks 9.5. Is there no way to downgrade my Kontakt/Reaktor to be useable on Mavs/OR 10.3.10. It came with Reaktor 5 also which shoes in PT but won't allow me to drag samples in because the newer 6 is installed also.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam bee View Post
All I know it was the latest version of PT 10 so 10.3.10 it is.

Sorry should've stated I'm on Mavericks 9.5. Is there no way to downgrade my Kontakt/Reaktor to be useable on Mavs/OR 10.3.10. It came with Reaktor 5 also which shoes in PT but won't allow me to drag samples in because the newer 6 is installed also.
The latest version of Kontakt should be no problem running in OSX 10.9.5 although the specs page at: https://www.native-instruments.com/e...pecifications/ says it a minimum of OSX 10.10.x The latest version of Kontakt 5 is aax64 only it seems from that same page and at least on my system running OSX 10.9.5 it runs just fine. I can't speak to Reaktor 6 as I am staying at Reaktor 5. Not at my setup right now but tomorrow I'll check if I can see this latest version of Kontakt in PT10.3.10 on OSX 10.9.5

QAPLA!
Old 04-28-2017, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The latest version of Kontakt should be no problem running in OSX 10.9.5 although the specs page at: https://www.native-instruments.com/e...pecifications/ says it a minimum of OSX 10.10.x The latest version of Kontakt 5 is aax64 only it seems from that same page and at least on my system running OSX 10.9.5 it runs just fine. I can't speak to Reaktor 6 as I am staying at Reaktor 5. Not at my setup right now but tomorrow I'll check if I can see this latest version of Kontakt in PT10.3.10 on OSX 10.9.5
I have the latest version of everything in Komplete 9 (which has the same instruments as K11 except for Reaktor 6) and can sadly confirm that while most everything else is available in PT10.3.1 on OSX 10.9.5 Kontakt 5.6.6 (latest version) is NOT available because apparently it's not aax32 compatible.

Options: none that are pretty. You could upgrade to PT11 or 12. You could try and find an older version of Kontakt 5 but - if you also have an updated Kontakt Factory Library (not every Kontakt library that comes in Komplete just the little part called Kontakt Factory Library) it will not work in older versions of Kontakt. The rest of the libraries in Komplete will work as will third party libraries. Going to another OSX like Yosemite or later is also a non-starter for the reason I mentioned earlier.

Trying to host the au or vst version of Kontakt inside Blue Cat Patchwork synth version won't work either. It all boils down to the fact that K5 latest is not a 32 bit application. Goes to show that having the latest version of anything might not be a good thing.

QAPLA!