Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2017, 01:13 PM

Default I canīt use HD Native in Firefox, Winamp and co

Hi

Is there any possibility to use the HD Native in Winamp, Firefox, Itunes and co in Windows...

In OSX the hd native driver is core audio...I can use the hd native and omni as playback device for itunes, safari and co, but in Windows the hd native doesnīt show up as audio device in the windows audio panel but works in Protools...

Did i something wrong in Windows... and
Please AVID give us a WDM Driver for HDX and Native...You did that in OSX with CoreAudio... Pls i need a WDM Driver, so i can use the HD Native as Audio Device in Windows...
Old 01-25-2017, 02:43 PM

Default Re: I canīt use HD Native in Firefox, Winamp and co

Whether you can or not, you are best to NOT do that.(to avoid any hardware conflicts). Here, I have used a monitor/source selector(Presonus Central station) for a good 10 years and it solves a great many problems, including yours. I run the optical SPDIF output of my PC to the CS and hit a button to select between Pro Tools audio and Windows audio(in addition to several other options, including; 3 sets of speakers, an iPhone connector and subwoofer)

With your Omni, you should be able to feed either SPDIF or analog(mini TRS) into the OMNI and be able to select to monitor that feed on the front panel Alternately, get a separate set of speakers for Windows audio(I particularly like the JBL LSR305's for small and inexpensive, but very good sound)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-26-2017, 06:29 AM

I am interested in the difficulty to create a wdm driver...
In OSX the core audio driver works great. Itunes,Youtube, Games... No problem at all. It would be great, if Avid make a WDM Driver for Windows...
The Central Station Plus seems to be a good solution, cause it has an optical spdif input... The Macpro has no coaxial spdif, only toslink...
I will feed the windows audio through toslink into the central station...

ok another 700$ to work on... But to have a monitor controller is not bad and the central station plus is a good solution....
Old 01-29-2017, 07:41 PM

A second hand Central Station should be half that price or less If you have a choice on a used CS, try to buy one that uses the power brick and the simple power plug(looks like a stomp box connector) as the earlier models used a 5-pin PSU that is absolutely no longer available(bad news if it dies as you will need to build your own replacement power supply)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-12-2017, 11:33 AM

I found a perfect way to use the hd native as audio output for all windows audio signals without external cables...
It is vb audioīs asio bridge, that make all apps working with the outputs of the omni. All windows audio programs, like firefox (youtube), games, winamp, everything send their audio to the hd native asio driver through the asio bridge.
So the omni outputs get every signal.
A great solution....