Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2008, 06:46 PM

Default auto-tune evo not showing up in plug-ins list

heres my setup:

pro tools LE 7.3.1cs7
Digi 002 rack
Auto-Tune Evo 6.06
windows xp sp2
amd athlon 64x2 dual 4800 2.5ghz
3.18 gb of ram

i set up my ilok, set up my authorization, installed auto tune and everything seemed to go fine. but i turn on pro tools and i can't find Auto-Tune anywhere in my plug-in list or my audiosuite list. i download the latest updates to auto tune (6.04 was on the disc, i updated to 6.06), pace interlok drivers and to the latest version of pro tools 7.3.1. still nothing.

i checked common files/dae/plug ins/ folder and there are two auto-tune files in there (auto-tune_evo_rtas.dpm and auto-tune_evo_rtas.dpm.rsr)

i sent an email to antares as that seems to be their only form of customer service but haven't heard anything back.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks
-jake
Old 12-30-2008, 07:34 AM

Default Re: auto-tune evo not showing up in plug-ins list

in the auto-tune manual, it claims it will be under the menu "pitch shift", which i don't have in my drop down plug-in list. could that be a problem?

although i do have a "pitch shift" in my audiosuite list and it's not there
Old 12-31-2008, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-hut View Post
in the auto-tune manual, it claims it will be under the menu "pitch shift", which i don't have in my drop down plug-in list. could that be a problem?

although i do have a "pitch shift" in my audiosuite list and it's not there
I feel your pain. I have the exact same problem and sorry but I have not found the sollution yet either. I'm trying to get auto-tune efx to show up in protools 7.1. I was wondering if not having pitch shift as an insert option in the mix window was the problem too but I seem to doubt that. You can group the plug ins by manufacturer in the insert window and antares doesn't show up at all. I'm waiting for a response from Antares and if I hear something good I'll let you know.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Avid

Have you tried trashing preferences yet, so that all plug-in data can be re-cached?

Have you verified that all installed plug-ins are compatible with your version of Pro Tools and OS version?
Old 12-31-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billhartung View Post
I feel your pain. I have the exact same problem and sorry but I have not found the sollution yet either. I'm trying to get auto-tune efx to show up in protools 7.1. I was wondering if not having pitch shift as an insert option in the mix window was the problem too but I seem to doubt that. You can group the plug ins by manufacturer in the insert window and antares doesn't show up at all. I'm waiting for a response from Antares and if I hear something good I'll let you know.
this actually makes me glad. i was beginning to fear that i was the only one with this problem and i was SOL. if theres more than one of us antares may have to address the problem. i've been in contact with their tech support but they are slow on the email and seem to be on vacation til friday.

i've tried pretty much every variation of trashing my preferences, re-installing, deleting other possible conflicting plug-ins, etc. with no luck.

antares claims it will work with pro tools 7.3 and xp sp2, and they have been helpful when they've responded, but no solution yet. as this is my first auto-tune i've owned, i'm hoping they send me a auto-tune 5 to use until they figure it out.

if anybody has gotten it working and has any tips, id appreciate it.

thanks again,
jake
Old 12-31-2008, 06:13 PM

Well I guess you guys have another member to your club.I installed auto tune evo on pro tools le 7.3 and am having the same problem.I've received 2 e-mail responses from Antarese but they've been pretty generic like deleting prefs and such. I e-mailed my sales rep from sweetwater(who by the way is a great person) and he set me up with one of their tech guys who had me to update my version of pro tools among other deletings and he seemed pretty confident that it would work,but guess what? It didn't. Anyway I'm about ready to shoot myself for paying 320 bucks for something that I can't use, so in the meantime I'll keep checking back to see if some genious chimes in with a solution.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:51 PM

well i dont know about you guys, but according to my ilok, my serial number included a authorization for auto tune 5 as well as EVO. i got a retail box from guitar center, they were running a sale for $271. so i'm hoping with a download of 5, i'll have something to use in the meantime until they find a solution. i'm waiting for a link or cd from their support though, i don't want to download anything sketchy.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:18 PM

Has anyone found asolution yet?I tried to download the update for evo from the antares website and that did no good.I've e-mailed them three more times and have gotten no response.They are probably brainstorming on it "right this minute"!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:09 AM

Yeah Antares hasn't been responding to my replies. The first reply last week was pretty quick but now there is nothing. I would hope they would send us a link to an update or something but their lack of responding is becoming frustrating.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:40 PM

they seem to have stopped replying to me as well. i even called and left a message.