Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-22-2002, 05:41 AM

Default emagic platinum - MIDI question? MIDI experts, please respond!

I know this is the DUC and not the EUC [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] , but I've got a serious question that maybe some of you MIDI Geniuses can help me out with. (PS - The 001 system is running with no issues [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] )

But, here’s the deal. I have a second PC that I am running Platinum (5.01) on with an old Roland W-30 as a midi controller using sounds from GigaStudio 160.

When I set up the W-30 to receive MIDI, and turn off the internal sounds and set Platinum to record and strike a key, I get this continuous MIDI loop until I unclick record in platinum.

Now, if I set the w-30 controller to off on the EXT setting for midi, then it doesn't happen but on playback from Platinum, I don't hear the previous sound that was recorded, only the current sound on the current MIDI channel. (I am only using the Giga Studio sounds)

Not sure if I am missing something or what. To be honest this is my first time to record with MIDI so I am a little confused [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Please help if you can.

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2002, 10:49 AM

Default Re: emagic platinum - MIDI question? MIDI experts, please respond!

Well, I think I may have figured out the issue... Thanks to anyone who was thinking of chiming in.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]