Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2006, 11:41 PM

Default Re: 6101 and 9128 CPU overload errors with 1 track

i completely agree with all that is being posted here. and i am fortunate to be one of the few that has had a great deal of "luck" when it comes to my setup. i have had no problems, besides this small glitch. so far it has been plug it in and play for me. no hassles or errors or re-configuring of my cpu-NOTHING!! and i am very grateful. i know that pt is an audio based program that handles audio very well, and only had questions about synth stuff because it seemed to be an added bonus. yeah, i wish it worked better, but i knew what i was (am) getting into. and i am probably one of the very few who are satisfied with what i have. i am not saying that everyone hates it, just that i did my homework before investing.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:45 AM

I'm glad you're happy. The problem is I don't think Digi should advertising virtual instruments as a feature of their DAW, if it can't handle them!
Old 01-16-2006, 10:18 AM

Quote:
The problem is I don't think Digi should advertising virtual instruments as a feature of their DAW, if it can't handle them!

My case and point.

brandy
Old 01-17-2006, 09:15 AM

So I got Digi's tech support e-mail on this issue, which was basically "F* Off". Just said to make sure my plugs are validated for PTLE 7 and then listed the troubleshooting steps listed here.

I've done all that already, this is a bug that makes PTMP totally unusable to me, and I know a lot of other people have this problem also. Why are you allowing this shoddy performance, have you never used another daw? They ALL work much better with virtual instruments.

I have a functioning Logic Pro setup but wanted to get into pro tools to see why it's been the industry standard, so I bought: upgrade chip to make my Logic Control a Mackie Control Universal (HUI mode) - $99, M-Audio Firewire 18/14 - $450, usb keyboard and PT key command stickers - $50, and of course PTMP 7 - $250. So that's $850 I've spent for this disaster of a program.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP! I will keep this thread going for as long as it takes, and spread this info about PTMP anywhere possible - forums, my peers in the recording / live sound industry. Until this is fixed I will discourage anybody and everybody from moving from their existing DAW to PT.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:56 AM

I've made a little progress by switching from 2 cpus to 1 - seems PT's multi processor support is shoddy.

I still have the problem though, just slightly less frequently...now it takes two tracks instead of one. If dual processors were properly supported I'm sure the performance would be much better.

It still needs to be fixed!
Old 01-18-2006, 05:58 PM

Hi
Let me put it in a nutshell for you all, and if digi and the webmaster and administrators of this forum have any consideration, they might take note, or do they give a damn.?

Take an industry standard project, using the industry standard softsynths X3, and audio tracks with out plugs, and run it on a powerful mac (Digis recommened spec) I will assure you the mac will dye!
Now, who do we blame here mac or protools?

Now, move the exact same project to a powerful PC,runing protools and run it ,,,,,, it will definately dye, guaranteed. Now, who do we blame here, PC or microsoft or protools ?

Now, move the exact same project to another sequencer, PC and Mac (I'll stay legal here by not mentioning any names) and voila! it runs rock solid all day every day,the way it should be.Why? It's very simple..... DAE.

Now either I'm an idiot, I'm stupid, or I'm totally wrong here, of which I'm certain I'm not along with others, but either way, I and others deserve an answer from the hierarchy of this organisation telling me so.

brandy
Old 01-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Avid

Organik -

Please let me know the following:

1. Which version of PTMP are you running?
2. Which OS version.
3. What the version number of Akoustik Piano you're running.
4. Do you have any other 3rd party plug-ins installed and, if so, which ones and what version numbers are they?
5. What items are in the Startup Items folder located at MacHD>Library>Startup Items
6. Are you using in internal drive or an external drive and, if so, what type of drive is it and how is it connected to your computer.
7. Which port on the computer to do you have the 1814 connected to?
8. Are there any other peripherals connected to your computer?
9. Have you disabled any wireless/bluetooth/airport items as well as energy savers and made sure processor performance is set to 'highest'?

Once I have this info, we can look at possible solutions.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:36 PM

Hi
Im Still waiting for an answer!
With respect to you questions to Organik, would I be right in asuming that you havnt come accross this problem?If so I asuming your saying its a configuration problem right!.

So with all due respect ,wouldnt it be nice if you could tell us the configuration your using,which doesnt have this problem or errors,and we all could have a go at it.What do you think?

It would make a lot of sense wouldnt it?

brandy

Old 01-20-2006, 09:02 PM

That seems like an awful lot of questions to fix this problem that is nonexistant on every other DAW I've tried. Let me see if I can answer them all -
Old 01-20-2006, 09:12 PM

Organik -

Please let me know the following:

1. Which version of PTMP are you running?

7.0, tried cs3 but results were the same

2. Which OS version.

10.4.4 - I know it's still technically not supported, but again, every other DAW is working fine with it - I don't think that's the problem.

3. What the version number of Akoustik Piano you're running.

It's not just Ak. Piano, it's pretty much every VI, but the Native Instruments stuff is the worst.
The Ak. Piano version is 1.1.1.001

4. Do you have any other 3rd party plug-ins installed and, if so, which ones and what version numbers are they?

Here's all my plugs, I can't look up version numbers for all of them, but the AU versions work fine for Logic:

Absynth 3 RTAS
AkoustikPiano
AkoustikPiano.mopi
ArturiaEngine
B4 II.dpm
B4 II.mopi
Battery 2 RTAS Carbon
BF Essential Clip Remover.dpm
BF Essential Corr.dpm
BF Essential Meter.dpm
BF Essential Noise.dpm
BF Essential Tuner.dpm
BFD ALL RTAS OSX
BFD RTAS OSX
BIAS SoundSoap
BIAS SoundSoap DAE.bundle
Boesendorfer290
bombfactory 1176.dpm
Chorus.dpm
Click.dpm
D-Verb.dpm
DigiReWire.dpm
Dither.dpm
Drumkit From Hell 2
Dynamics II.dpm
Dynamics III.dpm
Elektrik PianoRTAS
EQ II.dpm
EQ III.dpm
ESB TDM OSX
EWQLSO Silver Edition
EXS24 TDM OSX
FinalPlug 5
Flanger.dpm
FM7 RTAS Carbon
Funk Logic Masterer.dpm
Garritan JazzRTAS
GuitarRig 2
GuitarRig 2.dpm
GuitarRig 2.mopi
iDrum
Invert-Duplicate.dpm
Kontakt2
Kontakt2.mopi
MasterVerb 5
Mod Delay II.dpm
Moog Modular V
Multi-Tap Delay.dpm
MultiDynamics 5
Normalize-Gain.dpm
Ozone3
Panorama 5
Percussive Adv 2 LE
PersonalOrchestraRTAS
Ping-Pong Delay.dpm
Pluggo-RTAS
Pro-53 RTAS
Reaktor5
Reaktor5.mopi
Reverse-DC Removal.dpm
Signal Generator.dpm
SOPercussion
Spektral Delay Carbon
Steinway51
Time Comp-Exp-Pitch Shift.dpm
TimeAdjuster.dpm
TrackPlug 5
Trim.dpm
Vokator RTAS Carbon
X-treme FX Presets
X-treme FX RTAS OSX
X-treme FX1.dat
X-treme FX2.dat

5. What items are in the Startup Items folder located at MacHD>Library>Startup Items

BroadbandOptimizer
DigidesignLoader
DNSUpdate
M-Audio FireWire Audio Helper
M-Audio Firmware Loader
Macaroni
OpenBase
OSXvnc
PACESupport
PureFTPD
Qmaster
QuickBackStartupItem

6. Are you using in internal drive or an external drive and, if so, what type of drive is it and how is it connected to your computer.

Internal SATA

7. Which port on the computer to do you have the 1814 connected to?

Rear, tried the front also, no difference.

8. Are there any other peripherals connected to your computer?

Sure, but tried without them (printer, scanner, Mackie Control Universal, m-audio midisport 2x2) and same problem

9. Have you disabled any wireless/bluetooth/airport items as well as energy savers and made sure processor performance is set to 'highest'?

Processor performace set to highest, no wireless, no bluetooth, no airport.

Once I have this info, we can look at possible solutions.

- thanks for trying to help - I do appreciate it.
--------------------
Digi Tech Support