Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: LE Tiger update is here....still no M-powered!

Quote:
If most of you guys weren't newbies, you would know that you should never stay on the cutting edge of new OS'es and new machines because digi takes forever to release an update everytime. This time is not different, except they may have been even faster than usual to release updates for HD and Le. But not really, considering that the Tiger dev kits have been out for over a year.

Ask some people how long it took to get a PT HD or le for OSX period. Then another wait after Panther came out. It never fails.
If most of you guys hadn't let Digi get away with slow updates on earlier OS releases, then maybe they wouldnt have gotten accustomed to putting these releases on the back burner. I don't care how hot a company is in an industry, it must compete directly and indirectly to maintain its customers.

This specific incident, with M-Powered, is a disaster for the company. This product, in particular is marketed for a genre that stays, as you say, "on the cutting edge". M-Powered, and M-Audio have all posted themselves as the latest in music technology. What I am saying is that this delay on Digidesign's part, is completely contrary to that image.

After all the hype of Digidesign vision for the continuation of music technology, and after so much praise I gave in vain about a product that could truly deliver, they have failed. And because it's an issue with time, meaning they could have at least try to mend the situation by releasing it in the past weeks, but still failed, it is twice as terrible.

What concerns me about your comment is that it seems a common attitude among consumers in this industry to let others tell them what is and what is not acceptable. I'm talking small to big-time consumers. I would have rather seen this thread filled with complaints to Digidesign, than a message saying "you should never stay on the cutting edge". WHAT??? What kind of a mentality is that?

Digidesign,

You have failed your customers, albeit a small number of them. Your manner in which you manage the smallest of your customers reflects directly on your position as a company.

Matt Wood
[email protected]
PB 1.5Ghz (OS10.4.1)/1GRAM/FW410/unfortunately: PTMP
Old 07-05-2005, 09:05 AM

Here's what is going to happen...

People buy M-audio software because the're "compatible" with pro-tools, people get a new mac to run with it.
The mac comes with tiger, pro-tools doesn't work. We have one month to return all of the gear back.... time is running Out, me and a lot of other people will start looking for other possibilities soon....

hurry up with this update!

I have just a couple of days before I return all this stuff...

peace
Old 07-05-2005, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I have just a couple of days before I return all this stuff...
Hopefully we'll see something by this Friday. Tiger was released on April 29, and Digi originally said M-Powered would be Tiger-compatible within 8-10 weeks...and 10 weeks from April 29 is July 8.

Fingers crossed etc...
Old 07-06-2005, 03:14 PM

Yea Digi better deliver by or before the 8th or else they are directly lying and misleading there coustomers.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:51 PM

Why is there no reply from the Digi-staff on this one ?

You have a LOT of pissed customers on your M-powered account. And we would like to know exactly where you are in the process of making PTMP tiger-compatible (?)

Is this really the best you can do ?

To be honest, I´m shocked and disappointed.....if you had put half of your promotion efforts into making shure that your product is actually usable....well, that would be the absolute minimum that I´d expect from a decent company....

The way that you handle this matter is really a stinker !!! - Nothing professional about that.

Please come up with at least a decent explanation on why things are as they are and wheter we can expect the update in 2 days time or not....

Not too pleased digi-newcomer.

Runi
Old 07-07-2005, 04:38 AM

This is my first and last Digidesign purchase. The support for this product is a joke. Truely pathetic.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:41 AM

Not an M-powered owner, but...

Quote:
Yea Digi better deliver by or before the 8th or else they are directly lying and misleading there coustomers.

What are you gonna do...sue?

Get used to it. It's their product. They'll handle it as they see fit, and the market will decide if it works. If you are unhappy, try to return the product where you bought it. That will send a better message than idle threats.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:36 AM

No but "technically" speaking if they get this update out by the 8th (tommarow) they where at leaste true to there word and people have far less to be upset about. I really hope this update comes out tommarow. As bad as my mbox was I am sorry I sold it.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:45 AM

All,
Pro Tools M-Powered for Apple OSX 10.4 ("Tiger") is being actively tested as I write. Early testing (that occurred weeks ago) uncovered bugs that have since been fixed and are being confirmed as such by the test team now. We expect to complete this work in the next couple of days and hope to have updates available in the first half of this month.

Thanks for your patience, and please know that we are working hard to give you exactly what you are asking for: Pro Tools M-Powered support for OSX 10.4 "Tiger"...ASAP!

Digi ETS
Old 07-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Avid

The Tiger compatible M-Powered release is in progress and should be available soon. Please keep an eye on the Hot News section of our website.