Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Digi Tech... question

I have a digi 001 now which I'm looking to upgrade to an M-Audio supported device with PT MP. BTW, My mac is a dual G4 1.0 with 10.3.9 on it.

So please correct me if my upgrade path is incorrect.

Remove 001 hardware and card.
Install M-Audio hardware.
Install new ProTools MP?
Install new Ilok?

I have two basic questions.

One, as it seems from other threads, I simply can't buy an M-audio card, take the 001 out and have it work? I have to uninstall LE and install MP?

Two: I have an Ilok now for my current plugs, (McDSP, GRM, etc). Do I keep that and just use both Ilok (will that work?) or can I transfer everything to one? I dont want to have downtime where I have to email out re-auth's or anything.

Currently I have the following plugins:

McDSP Filterbank
Waves Platinum
Stylus RMX
Sampletank 2.0 XL
GRM Tools Native

also a MOTU midi express XT (USB)

Is there any compatability issues with any of the above mentioned products? It's my understanding MP and LE are the same just designed to only work with specific hardware. There's no other limiting factors by going from LE to MP? Sonically the M-audio equipment seems to rival my 001 as well.

I'm pretty excited about making this move as I really didnt want to have to go to an 002R for space reasons and i've been stuck at PT 6.4 with my 001. Thanks for your help!
Old 05-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Avid

Default Re: Digi Tech... question

You must remove the 001 card and uninstall Pro Tools LE from your system before installing the new hardware and Pro Tools MP.

Your current plug-ins and iLok authorizations should continue to work with the new Pro Tools MP system.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Digi Tech... question

Hi..

Thanks for your response, I must ask though (I'm in tech support and use the SHOULD word all the time..lol), have they tested the plugins or are you saying it should work??