Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2015, 10:25 AM

Default Re: POLL on PT 11 and PT 12 that will OR will not upgrade

Seems like PTE is looking to tell a particular story with these.

Quote:
Pro Tools 12 Upgrade Poll Results

Will not update - 72%
According to their own results, that's not true at all. You can't lump "not yet" and "not ever" together, those are fundamentally different responses.

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati.../?format=1000w

I can spin numbers, too. "96.59% are not disappointed in Pro Tools 12".
Old 05-04-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Seems like PTE is looking to tell a particular story with these.

According to their own results, that's not true at all. You can't lump "not yet" and "not ever" together, those are fundamentally different responses.

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati.../?format=1000w

I can spin numbers, too. "96.59% are not disappointed in Pro Tools 12".
And you and Avid are looking to tell yet another story. Ironically, your post is more of a spin and interpretation than the OP's. So who's right? As with most polls, nothing concrete has been learned, but these are good, if not imperfect, guidelines to understand the spirit of consumers. And this poll, and every other PT12-related thread throughout the net, tells a similar story: people have far less interest in the 11-->12 upgrade than every past upgrade in PT history. You can try spinning that, too, but it won't change its accuracy, as much as that may displease you.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Ironically, your post is more of a spin and interpretation than the OP's.
That's not irony, that was the intended effect. It was an exaggerated spin in the opposite direction to demonstrate my point. I don't think you caught that - even though I said "I can spin numbers, too" right before I spun the numbers
Old 05-04-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
If these numbers are anywhere near a normal sampling it doesn't look promising.
Well, I can say about my own situation (without needing to click a box in any poll) that I've rarely raised the "WTF?" sign higher than I did immediately after reading the 'What's New in PT1'2 pdf. I thought my document downloaded incompletely so I tried again. Unfortunately, it was no different.

The word on the street is no different. Few who I've talked to have any interest in 12.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
That's not irony, that was the intended effect. It was an exaggerated spin in the opposite direction to demonstrate my point. I don't think you caught that - even though I said "I can spin numbers, too" right before I spun the numbers
If you're calling out Avid instead of the OP, as it appeared, then a little clarity would have helped.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
If you're calling out Avid instead of the OP, as it appeared, then a little clarity would have helped.
I was absolutely clear. Pro Tools Expert grouped together dissimilar responses to tell a certain story. It's right there in my comment, as much as that may displease you. Don't take this personally, what I wrote is accurate (with the exception of the painfully obvious spin I used as an example of spin).
Old 05-04-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I was absolutely clear. Pro Tools Expert grouped together dissimilar responses to tell a certain story. It's right there in my comment, as much as that may displease you. Don't take this personally, what I wrote is accurate (with the exception of the painfully obvious spin I used as an example of spin).
Mesaone, it is absolutely clear. You are one of the biggest Avid apologists around here.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
As far as I can tell (I have a security warning preventing me looking at the PTE page itself), PTE is showing us one thing here - comparing like for like between PT11 and PT12. Whatever spin you perceive them putting on in 12 was also put on for 11. That's the interesting thing about the numbers - relatively, interest does appear to have dropped off a cliff.

If you can show their methodology ("spin") has significantly changed between the two releases you have a case. But if it hasn't, those numbers look pretty alarming to me.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 05-04-2015, 05:08 PM

You know, let's face it, people have been complaining about Pro Tools and Avid or some time, long before PT 12 - usually about the price.

This time feels different. It feels like Avid has decided they won't respond no matter what customers say on forums or, for that matter, to what the the media says (e.g. Pro Tools Expert). They have their product plan, their pricing structure and will stick to it. It's unsettling to say the least.

Time to start building some trust Avid. Big time.
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD
Old 05-04-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
You know, let's face it, people have been complaining about Pro Tools and Avid or some time, long before PT 12 - usually about the price.

This time feels different. It feels like Avid has decided they won't respond no matter what customers say on forums or, for that matter, to what the the media says (e.g. Pro Tools Expert). They have their product plan, their pricing structure and will stick to it. It's unsettling to say the least.

Time to start building some trust Avid. Big time.
The only way your going to see an about-face from avid is if the numbers drop off as drastically as the poll indicates and I'll bet even then the changes will be minimal.....moon