Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2011, 10:35 AM

Default Core Audio Can't find hardware, un/reinstall no help

HI all, I got myself into a bind here. Starting with a fresh installation of OS 10.06 on an Intel imac, I downloaded & installed LE 8.03 and updated to 8.05, all working fine until I decided to follow some threads on maybe getting my old mbox 1 to work via the previous core audio drivers (my fault yes - but let's not get into what we think about Avid discontinuing support for that perfectly excellent piece of hardware. . .) After downloading & installing the stand-alone 7.4.2 core audio package, of course PT wouldn't run. Problem is there was no uninstaller for that stand-alone package. Re-installing 8.03 & 8.05 left me with the core audio manager unable to located my Mbox 2, and all attempts to use those uninstallers and start over have failed (the 8.03 and 8.05 uninstall routine runs very quickly and says it succeeded but doesn't want to reboot or seem to have actually done anything.) I've also hunted around for any related files, extension, etc that I can manually delete but that hasn't helped.

Anyone have any pointers for me to get a real clean un-install of the older core audio components or to force the 8.03/8.05 installer to replace everything? Or am I faced with re-installing OS X?

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Core Audio Can't find hardware, un/reinstall no help

A little more info - I figured out that mbox 2 isn't handled by Core Audio, so i checked the Audio Midi utility and the Mbox 2 item under system preferences, the device does show up and I am able to connect to it. So it seems like maybe Pro Tools is stuck on using Core Audio to find a device & not even looking for it on USB/Midi?
Old 08-17-2011, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Core Audio Can't find hardware, un/reinstall no help

OK well I figured it out, I had also tried installing the usb-audio.com driver that claims to work with the mbox 1 under 10.6 but it was interfering with Protools finding the mbox 2, all is fine after uninstalling that.