Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2010, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Midi note input before grid point problem!

Rarely input notes that way but checked it out my my system using PT 7.4: All notes align perfectly using pencil tool in grid mode. I've zoomed right in and they're all spot on the grid. Does this happen frequently or only in certain circumstances?
Old 01-19-2010, 04:51 PM

If Pro Tools really wants to compete with logic in the midi department they've got to deal with simple problems like this...
Old 01-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter4 View Post
If Pro Tools really wants to compete with logic in the midi department they've got to deal with simple problems like this...
Can you get us a session that exhibits this problem and/or a video showing exactly what you're doing?

Send to vi [at] digidesign [dot] com with the thread number (1537293) in the subject as well as in the name of any files/folders you send.

I am unable to reproduce this in my quick tests on two machines, so I'm thinking there's something else to this that's being overlooked.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 PM

i"ll make the video n post it asap bcoz i am very much harassed with this problem..
Protools Carbon
Old 01-22-2010, 01:12 AM

I'm having a very similar problem when auto punching and playing the midi notes:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=264911
Old 01-22-2010, 06:01 PM

Hi, sorry for the delay, I've emailed you a session and a photo of the problem.

For the rest of the forum here is a link to the picture:

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/a...ead1537293.png

As you can see, the selected region misses some of the notes at the start of the selection and grabs some of the notes in the next grid point that isn't selected.

All these notes were penciled in, in grid mode without holding down control or anything like that. This quite often happens continuously throughout sessions containing thousands of midi notes so you can understand how annoying this is. Thanks again!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:44 AM

Default Midi note input before grid point problem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytoa9Wmowos

Above is the video link for midi notes duplicating issue.

hi as u can c m recording some midi data on an instrument track and then cmd+D to duplicate some region and the result is !! start notes did not get copied and if i do the same thing in midi editor window there is no problem,i hope digi will solve the issue asap,thx..
Protools Carbon
Old 01-27-2010, 12:47 PM

Hi Jupiter4,

Are you positive that the grid is always set to bars & beats when you input these notes? e.g. Could you be switching to minutes and seconds and entering the notes outside of the bars & beats grid?

P.S. Sandy, your issue is not the same as Jupiter4: He is just using the pencil tool. If you're playing in the notes then it is likely that the notes at the start of the area you are trying to paste have simply been played early, and are thus outside the beginning of the area you're trying to cut and paste. Try quantising the 'missing' notes before the section in question. You can then use 'restore performance' (in midi operations) to lose the quantise setting after pasting.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midi sordino View Post
Hi Jupiter4,

Are you positive that the grid is always set to bars & beats when you input these notes? e.g. Could you be switching to minutes and seconds and entering the notes outside of the bars & beats grid?

P.S. Sandy, your issue is not the same as Jupiter4: He is just using the pencil tool. If you're playing in the notes then it is likely that the notes at the start of the area you are trying to paste have simply been played early, and are thus outside the beginning of the area you're trying to cut and paste. Try quantising the 'missing' notes before the section in question. You can then use 'restore performance' (in midi operations) to lose the quantise setting after pasting.
Hi there,
I quantize the notes properly every time but no solution...
Protools Carbon
Old 01-28-2010, 01:44 AM

Hi Sandy,

If notes have definitely been quantised to the correct value (did you have input quantise enabled in the video?) then I take your point. It's a different problem from the OP, but similar as both are issues with notes on the downbeat. I can't replicate any of these problems in 7.4.

A quick workaround Sandy: Say you have some eighth notes and you want to cut and paste 2 bars, put grid to sixteenth notes and cut and paste by selecting the section one sixteenth note before the downbeat and one sixteenth note before the end of bar two. This makes sure that all notes on the downbeat are included.