Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Anyone seen this error before (bouncing to disk)?

Been using PT Le for over five years, and this is a new one for me... You guys have any ideas?

Here's the error I got when bouncing a recent session to disk (I've never seen this before - and I had been bouncing tunes all night):

"Could not complete the "Bounce to Disk..." command because: Assertion in "\code\azores_Handel\AlturaPorts\NewFileLibs\FF\Au dio\FF_AudioProperty.cpp", line 33.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Sean
Old 11-13-2005, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Anyone seen this error before (bouncing to dis

You just stumbled with the most ridiculous and most reported pro tools bug ever!

Shame on you, Digi.

Trash the preferences and all Digidesign databases folders, turn off the refrigerator in the kitchen and try again...
Old 11-13-2005, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Trash the preferences and all Digidesign databases folders
This should fix the problem?

I guess what bothers me is that I don't even understand the problem... If I open up another session, it'll bounce just fine... ? But this particular session just keeps giving me this message.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:06 AM

It's a pain in the ass! I wish they'd just fix it already!
Bloody embarrassing when it happens in front of a client.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Trash the preferences and all Digidesign databases folders
This should fix the problem?

I guess what bothers me is that I don't even understand the problem... If I open up another session, it'll bounce just fine... ? But this particular session just keeps giving me this message.

UNDERSTAND the problem? HAH... look at the (d) digidesign logo my friend. That's what you'll need to understand - that after Pro Tools 5 they messed up big. I just bought an MBox 2 and Pro Tools doesn't record at 256 samples for more than 2 minutes, and at 128 it doesn't even playback.

When you have to edit system text files to disable a so called "Data Execution Prevention" to even install Pro Tools on Windows, or you get error messages like "Error in [..] *****.cpp, line 656" it's a clear sign that those windows coders DON'T HAVE A CLUE of what they are doing. Sad but true.

Yeah trash the DAE Prefs folder somewhere and try again. And make a mental note. That's a folder you'll be deleting a lot to try to correct random stuff.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Anyone seen this error before (bouncing to disk)?

Yes I've been having this error with PT 6.4 on certain sessions. Importing the audio into a new session doesn't seem to fix it, although other unassociated sessions still bounce fine. Where does the preferences folder live?

Cheers,

dean
Old 11-26-2005, 09:11 PM

Trashed the preferences and the database folders and still doesn't freaking work... Do I just have a worthless session now? Seriously... This is crap! I'm a huge Digi fan, have been for years - through listening to other folks complain and complain - but this is just stupid! I've spent more time just trying to bounce this session than it took me and the other folks on it to lay the freaking tracks!

And what? Am I supposed to buy the 7.0 upgrade to fix it? Will THAT even fix the problem?

Any ideas? Getting pretty upset... If this carries on much longer, I'll putting together specs on a new MOTU or Nuendo system... And it really ticks me off to say that after all the people that I have steered towards Digi.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Any ideas? Getting pretty upset
output to a bus and record that bus to an audio track then export the wave file
its a pain in the ***** to have to come up with work arounds but you gotta get the job done somehow

i would seriously consider upgrading to 7.0, i cant say if it will solve your problem or not but re-coding everything for windows seems to of fixed a multitude of little bugs and the performance increase alone is worth the upgrade
DiAngelo what version are you running? 6.8 seems to of just been a mistake, i would go to 7.0 as soon as you can. DEP isnt a problem in 7.0 either, but blame that one on MS anyway. if you thought DEP was bad just wait till Vista and it will only get worse if they get full scale NGSCB off the ground. arr the joys of windows
Old 11-26-2005, 09:47 PM

Yeah - I tried bussing to another stereo track and exporting the file... Didn't work. I imported the audio into a new session and I still get the same error message when I try to bounce in the new session.

I'm beyond furious at this point. Really, I don't get a lot of time to work on this crap and if I have to waste this much of it just trying to get my software to do what it is naturally supposed to do, it's just not worth it.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:00 PM

you could try reformatting your audio drive
ive never had this problem so i dont have any other ideas. prehaps rail will chime in
if you think PT is buggy then you wont want to go to cubase