How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2024, 10:17 PM

Default Elastic Audio and midi Vsts bouncing mix are out of sync

hey folks.
I have a song 90bpm. Audio tracks are 4 drums, stereo acoustic, vocal and gang backing vocals. the guitars, bass, keyboards, loops, are all instrument midi tracks. I used the elastic audio functions for each audio track and increased the session tempo to 93bpm which increased midi as well. everything synced up! i was able to keep tracking additional vst takes at 93bpm. everything sounded tight so i tried to bounce the session mix to send out to guitar player to do his thing and now the bounced mix is out of sync? drums now lose tempo near end of song, even a midi acoustic track doesnt stay in sync. oddly it sounds fine until i bounce it. any thoughts? thanks!
Old 02-13-2024, 05:25 AM
Avid

Default Re: Elastic Audio and midi Vsts bouncing mix are out of sync

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobalou View Post
hey folks.
I have a song 90bpm. Audio tracks are 4 drums, stereo acoustic, vocal and gang backing vocals. the guitars, bass, keyboards, loops, are all instrument midi tracks. I used the elastic audio functions for each audio track and increased the session tempo to 93bpm which increased midi as well. everything synced up! i was able to keep tracking additional vst takes at 93bpm. everything sounded tight so i tried to bounce the session mix to send out to guitar player to do his thing and now the bounced mix is out of sync? drums now lose tempo near end of song, even a midi acoustic track doesnt stay in sync. oddly it sounds fine until i bounce it. any thoughts? thanks!
Hi!
Can you check if your tracks are set to Ticks or Samples? might be set differently. Tracks Need to be the set to ticks before changing the BPM so everything is changes when set.

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 02-13-2024, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tope d View Post
Hi!
Can you check if your tracks are set to Ticks or Samples? might be set differently. Tracks Need to be the set to ticks before changing the BPM so everything is changes when set.
Hey Tope,
yes i went through verified ticks, also the specific elastic settings per tracks, (poly, ryth, etc) and all audio changes nicely along with the midi vst tracks when I change session tempo. I can play session, record more vst instrument, all in sync until i listen back to the stereo bounce. thats when i hear the sync issues.
Old 02-14-2024, 12:20 PM

Couple of thoughts:
1-terminology; VST refers to a plugin architecture that is used by Steinberg. What you are referring to are VI's(Virtual Instruments)
2-work around; bus everything to a new stereo audio track and record the mix. Then export that audio file and send to your collaborator(I would include any blank space at the start and maybe put a click count-in). Hope you get it sorted!

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-14-2024, 12:58 PM

Dave and Tope have some good suggestions.

Always start troubleshooting by trashing prefs. (see troubleshooting under "help us help you" up the top of each DUC web page).

Make sure you are really bouncing what you expect you are, that the bounce source is exactly what you are monitoring in playback, say that there are no hidden tracks that might be in the bounce, might be in sample mode etc. So many bounce problems are related to the incorrect source, so check carefully.

Does this happen the same for online and offline bounces?

I am also curious what happens if you freeze the tracks that get out of time and then bounce the overall mix.

Is this only happening in one session? if you do a save copy in or import that to a new session? if you only import content into a new session?

You are on Pro Tools 2020.9? I cannot recall any specific issue like this being fixed recently, but then I am not really sure. Always good to scan later release notes, just in case. Can you test it in the latest version of Pro Tools? You might want to try to reproduce this in a simple dummy session and let others here try it out on the latest version of Pro Tools...

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 02-14-2024 at 02:42 PM.