Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2024, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Sync Issues with N.I. Electric Sunburst & Prime Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeMusic View Post
You know you're right. I didn't notice that the delay compensation was turned off on the click track and when I turn it on I get the same results as you. See link below. I have never run into this issue before because from when working from DAW to different DAW's, I had developed the habit when tracking to never use plugins with latency and when I do in the mix (ALL) the Instrument tracks are either Frozen at the Instrument and or committed. It's just the way I have always worked in Pro Tools. I have been doing it this way so long it's been out of sight and out of mind. You could always adopt this method If and until Avid finally decides to fix it or you could just use plugins that have zero latency for VI's. Many of them out there now have the option to be used at low latency or high latency for look ahead like limiters.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xj0...ew?usp=sharing
ah thanks for confirming. I was already thinking I've overseen something for the last decade:) . And yes, in Protools as only DAW on the market as far as I know, when producing with virtual instruments and working with midi-beat clock dependent plugins like side-chain tools, Soundtoys tremolator etc, the only way everything stays in time is when working with plugins that have 0 samples of delay. At which point it practically makes no sense at all that Pro Tools has automatic delay compensation turned on
Old 01-22-2024, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Sync Issues with N.I. Electric Sunburst & Prime Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
ah thanks for confirming. I was already thinking I've overseen something for the last decade:) . And yes, in Protools as only DAW on the market as far as I know, when producing with virtual instruments and working with midi-beat clock dependent plugins like side-chain tools, Soundtoys tremolator etc, the only way everything stays in time is when working with plugins that have 0 samples of delay. At which point it practically makes no sense at all that Pro Tools has automatic delay compensation turned on
I also forgot to mention with the FabFiter Pro L2 if you turn off true peak limiting and set the style to transparent the delay drops to 496. Not that it would help much in this case but maybe in other cases.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 | Studio One Pro 6.6 | Logic Pro 10.8.1 | Dolby Atmos Render 5.2 & Album Assembler 1.3 | RME BabyFace Pro FS | UA Native Plugins & Sphere LX | SSL UC1 | 2023 Mac Studio M2 Max 12 Core CPU 38 Core GPU | MacOs 13.5.0 | Genelec 8020D & Yamaha MSP10 | Korg Kronos LS | Sonarworks Sound ID | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | DT 880 PRO | DT 770 Pro | etc.