Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-25-2001, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Time to Save it all as a wav or mp3...how?

Bounce to disk.
Do a Find in the PT Reference Guide PDF for the word bounce, and do Find Again until you find what you are looking for.
Old 11-25-2001, 05:39 PM

Huh? Haha sorry maybe I'm just computer illiterate but I have no idea what you just said.
Old 11-25-2001, 08:18 PM
Administrator

If you have already downloaded the Pro Tools Free Documentation and run the installer, the Pro Tools Reference Guide (your manual, also referred to as the PT Reference Guide) is available from the Help menu in Pro Tools, as well as installed in the Release Notes & Documentation folder on your hard drive in the Program Files -> Digidesign folder

You want to read the chapter on:
Mixing ->
Mixdown and Mastering -> Bouncing Tracks to Disk
and
Mixdown and Mastering -> Output Options -> File Format

If you do not already have the Pro Tools Free documentation, you can get it from the Support/Tech Support/Technical Document Library:
http://www.digidesign.com/support/documents.html

(also linked at the top and bottom of these DUC pages)

Look on the right side of the page under Pro Tools Free 5.0.1 documents.

also available for download from the same place that you download Pro Tools Free: http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree

You will need to have Acrobat Reader installed to use the documentation. You can download this from the same pages as the documents.

When you open one of these Acrobat documents, you can search them by either clicking on the binoculars icon, or Control-F on Windows or Command F on a Mac, or select Find or Find Again in the Edit menu of Acrobat.

You can bounce to disk as a wav file with the Pro Tools Free software you already have, but in order to bounce to disk directly from Pro Tools as an MP3, you would need to purchase MP3 Export. A 30 day demo version is included with Pro Tools Free. Or you can bounce as a wav file, then use a different third-party MP3 encoder of your choice.
Old 11-26-2001, 12:29 AM

Default Time to Save it all as a wav or mp3...how?

Well, it took forever, but I actually finally managed to finish a tune I was putting together in Pro Tools FREE for Windows. It only has a couple tracks. I want to save it all together as a wav or mp3, so one could just open it up in winamp or something and play the whole thing. How do I do this?