Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2011, 04:49 AM

Default Re: OSX 10.7 Lion + PT9

There is obviously a Pro Tools 9.0.5 beta in circulation with devs, that works with the current version of WAVES. That was my point.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 07-24-2011, 08:50 AM

Talking Re: OSX 10.7 Lion + PT9

If it makes anyone feel more warm and fuzzy, this is on the Waves site..

July 2011
Waves is pleased to announce that Waves Version 8 now supports Mac OSX Lion 10.7 on the following audio hosts:
Pro tools 9.0.5 (beta)
Logic 9
Cubase 6
Main Stage 2.1.3
Wavelab 7.1
Peak 7
Waves MultiRack Native
Waves MultiRack SoundGrid

--

That said:
1- If you're a professional, quit whining and stop pretending like going to the latest OS is a must. Surely you have work to do to keep busy.
2- If you're not a professional, quit whining because you'll never get to be one pretending like the latest OS is cool and is a must and like Avid has done you wrong.

I came from the Logic Pro world and I've never seen Logic update any faster than Avid, and Avid puts out updates which provide incredibly stable environments. The first and MOST important thing about ANY DAW and recording rig (Analog or Digital) is stability. No one wants to be in the middle of a session and just crash. Ask Logic users how many times that happens to them, and how their clients like it.

So what's the big deal if you don't get to be on Lion? Oh you bought a new shiny mac and you want to use it on there, or it came with it: NEWS FLASH: YOU can install OS 10.6.7 or .8 on there yourself! Cool huh? Oh I know Apple doesn't sell it anymore, but surely you had an old Mac sitting around which has snow leopard... no? it's your first Mac? Oh ok, so you don't know anyone else with a Mac you can borrow a copy of Snow Leopard from? Surely you know about the Genius bar at Apple, they are always more than happy to help out on issues like that... the point is: You're a pro (or want to be one) and you need to find a workaround.

Engineering is about solving hard problems, not complaining about having hard problems.

R

ps. Sorry for this being my first post, but really, seeing the ludicrous expectations of users made me feel like I had to jump in.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recording Room View Post
If it makes anyone feel more warm and fuzzy, this is on the Waves site..

July 2011
Waves is pleased to announce that Waves Version 8 now supports Mac OSX Lion 10.7 on the following audio hosts:
Pro tools 9.0.5 (beta)
Logic 9
Cubase 6
Main Stage 2.1.3
Wavelab 7.1
Peak 7
Waves MultiRack Native
Waves MultiRack SoundGrid

--

That said:
1- If you're a professional, quit whining and stop pretending like going to the latest OS is a must. Surely you have work to do to keep busy.
2- If you're not a professional, quit whining because you'll never get to be one pretending like the latest OS is cool and is a must and like Avid has done you wrong.

I came from the Logic Pro world and I've never seen Logic update any faster than Avid, and Avid puts out updates which provide incredibly stable environments. The first and MOST important thing about ANY DAW and recording rig (Analog or Digital) is stability. No one wants to be in the middle of a session and just crash. Ask Logic users how many times that happens to them, and how their clients like it.

So what's the big deal if you don't get to be on Lion? Oh you bought a new shiny mac and you want to use it on there, or it came with it: NEWS FLASH: YOU can install OS 10.6.7 or .8 on there yourself! Cool huh? Oh I know Apple doesn't sell it anymore, but surely you had an old Mac sitting around which has snow leopard... no? it's your first Mac? Oh ok, so you don't know anyone else with a Mac you can borrow a copy of Snow Leopard from? Surely you know about the Genius bar at Apple, they are always more than happy to help out on issues like that... the point is: You're a pro (or want to be one) and you need to find a workaround.

Engineering is about solving hard problems, not complaining about having hard problems.

R

ps. Sorry for this being my first post, but really, seeing the ludicrous expectations of users made me feel like I had to jump in.
Best first post ever!

An engineer who doesn't problem solve is not allowed to call himself an engineer. Some problems are unavoidable, but if you complain instead of working around it, you might as well find a new profession.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 07-24-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Best first post ever!

An engineer who doesn't problem solve is not allowed to call himself an engineer. Some problems are unavoidable, but if you complain instead of working around it, you might as well find a new profession.
I would also say an engineer looking to add problems (upgrade to an OS or beta plugin) to their workflow is both a poor and inexperienced one.

Thanks for the kind comment.

R
Old 07-24-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I would also say an engineer looking to add problems (upgrade to an OS or beta plugin) to their workflow is both a poor and inexperienced one.

Thanks for the kind comment.

R
Umm.... that may be the best second post ever

Welcome to the DUC.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 07-24-2011, 11:27 AM

Ditto what Dtism & Sunburst said... Great post Recording Room & Welcome!!!

Sent from EPIC 4G using Tapatalk On'eim...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 07-24-2011, 05:43 PM

Sadly it'll change nothing! Some Mothers do 'ave 'em.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Sadly it'll change nothing! Some Mothers do 'ave 'em.
Someone's gotta try biting the tart lemon... I'll let 'Mickey' try it to see if he likes it while I take away his ticked off clients
Old 07-24-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Someone's gotta try biting the tart lemon... I'll let 'Mickey' try it to see if he likes it while I take away his ticked off clients
You must mean Mikey

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 07-24-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Someone's gotta try biting the tart lemon.
I'm trying to feel compassionate but trust me it's ground hog day.