Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 01-30-2013, 01:49 PM

Default Audio Midi Setup issue with TD-15(V-Drum module)

Hello,

I just added a TD-15KV V-Drum set to my studio. I was able to download the proper driver from the Roland site for my operating system(Mac OS 10.5.8).

I have the TD-15 module hooked up to my Mac G5 Dual 2Ghz tower via USB 2.0 cable. Now, after launching Audio Midi Setup, the TD-15 icon is present. After clicking on the Show More tab, it shows "Midi In" and "Midi Out" both set to 1 and grayed out so I can't change the settings(would like them to be 10).

I emailed Roland tech support but they're throwing responsibility to Mac software. The module does both send and receive midi via USB 2.0 but I'd like to see if someone knows why this area is grayed out and if it's possible to "un-gray" it so it can be modified.

I look forward to your responses.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Audio Midi Setup issue with TD-15(V-Drum module)

hmm,
i have the TD-15 still working on Pro Tools.

The TD-15 should be still on MIDI Channel 10 - if not you may change these on the TD-15 Drum Module byself.

Afaik there is no further installation required. The TD-15 should show up in Pro Tools for in/out i.e. on MIDI tracks or in the MIDI Filter editor in PT.

One thing i have sometimes: Before launching PT i have to open the Mac OS X audio/midi setup tool and (!) the MIDI window. Otherwise some of my MIDI devices are not present in the system.

The only thing i did not found until today was a correct mapping of the TD-15 pads to different PT drum instruments or Structure sampler - it seems the base drum and some other parts are not correctly mapped while other things does. Did not found any MIDI mapping or similiar for TD-15 and PT as for some other electronic instruments.

Niels.
http://www.syndicat.com