Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2001, 01:52 PM

Default If you like the TDM plug in setting, how many of you Audio Suite them?e with i

Say you have tape simulation setting and 'needed' eq's on say multi mic'ed drum tracks or other stuff... How many of you copy the settings to Audio Suite versions of the same Plug In and just print it , be done with it and move on with no DSP drain......?
Just wondering...

Jules
www.gearslutz.com
Old 01-12-2001, 03:40 PM

Default Re: If you like the TDM plug in setting, how many of you Audio Suite them?e with i

yeap, i do this all the time.
its also great to prepare a session to go to another studio. they never havet he same plugs than i do!!!
Old 01-12-2001, 04:59 PM

Default Re: If you like the TDM plug in setting, how many of you Audio Suite them?e with i

Hmmmmm....

I too have pondered this same thing.

Any sonic difference detected?

Nik
Old 01-12-2001, 06:27 PM

My assistant keeps rooting for it as he recons its a way to avoid the plug in delays he sees me cursing daily...
Please do go on...
Jules
www.gearslutz.com
Old 01-12-2001, 08:15 PM

J - It's a way of life on the 001 ... which is what I'm using. I find it's easier to deal with if you get your track all spiffed up, edit-wise, then consolidate to 1 region, then rename - for example "pre- AS ren comp" ,then process.
This way if you end up not digging what you did, you can easily go back & find the original, without it being a pain in the balls.

Tony
Old 01-12-2001, 08:52 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by crowdog:
J - It's a way of life on the 001 ... which is what I'm using. I find it's easier to deal with if you get your track all spiffed up, edit-wise, then consolidate to 1 region, then rename - for example "pre- AS ren comp" ,then process.
This way if you end up not digging what you did, you can easily go back & find the original, without it being a pain in the balls.

Tony
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the duplicate track feature is a nice way to keep the old original real handy. (clicking on the arrow next to the track title and choosing duplicate before intitiating AS process.)

Old 01-13-2001, 02:04 AM

That's why i'm still waiting for the AS version of Focusrite eq...
Old 01-13-2001, 01:36 PM

I'm in the habit of AudioSuiting everything because in the past I didn't have real-time plugs. I think it makes great sense to "print-it", A.S. it and commit to it. Good for organization, DSP, and delay.

The only reasons not to, I think, are if you need to conserve time and storage space.

I'm interested in hearing how many other people do this.
Old 01-13-2001, 05:47 PM

I have to agree with crowdog here and also CCash, especially with the comment - "and commit to it." When you 'print' the sound with Audiosuite your productivity will increase ten-fold. You are less likely to keep returning to the song and continuously messing with the Real Time plug-ins when your first decision was probably nearest to what you wanted in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for tweaking but I remember a thread a while back concerning just how long to spend on a mix. Some people spent extremely long periods of time. By using audiosuite it is likely that the time it takes you to fine tune your mix will shorten, productivity increases and you will become a more efficient and confident mixer.

I'm sure most will agree with me when I say that you know instantly when a sound is bad. Equally important is being able to train yourself to note when a sound is good, (and be content with the fact that you've achieved a pleasing/excellent/unbelievable sound).

Anyway, if all I've said is nonsense you can always revert back to the original!

Dj
Old 01-13-2001, 05:49 PM

I have to agree with crowdog here and also CCash, especially with the comment - "and commit to it." When you 'print' the sound with Audiosuite your productivity will increase ten-fold. You are less likely to keep returning to the song and continuously messing with the Real Time plug-ins when your first decision was probably nearest to what you wanted in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for tweaking but I remember a thread a while back concerning just how long to spend on a mix. Some people spent extremely long periods of time. By using audiosuite it is likely that the time it takes you to fine tune your mix will shorten, productivity increases and you will become a more efficient and confident mixer.

I'm sure most will agree with me when I say that you know instantly when a sound is bad. Equally important is being able to train yourself to note when a sound is good, (and be content with the fact that you've achieved a pleasing/excellent/unbelievable sound).

Anyway, if all I've said is nonsense you can always revert back to the original!

Dj