Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 12-05-2020, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Side Chain Delay Compensation Issue Fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeatless View Post
It’s not that simple though. If you have plugins on the channel receiving the side chain send, even just the one you want to side chain, there’s also delay that has to be compensated for. Typically if I have a track that I want to side chain, I have to commit/duplicate the side chain source track and insert a time adjuster plugin on that duplicate. Then manually enter the delay time shown on the receiving track. If you change a plugin on that track, make sure you change the delay time. Or... if you change the timing of the actual kick track, make sure you update the duplicate track for the side chain send. I sometimes end up with 5 duplicates of a kick track because of this. I’ve been learning other DAW’s due to the frustration this process causes. So far it seems ok in studio one, cubase, and reaper, but they all have other issues, and I typically receive pro tools sessions from clients.
yes ! exactly !
Old 12-05-2020, 06:10 AM

I will double check that but I don't remember having an issue putting plugins on the receive-track
Old 12-05-2020, 09:13 AM

This has not been addressed, no. If you haven't yet submitted your responses to the ACA vote I suggest writing this feature in.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeatless View Post
It’s not that simple though. If you have plugins on the channel receiving the side chain send, even just the one you want to side chain, there’s also delay that has to be compensated for. Typically if I have a track that I want to side chain, I have to commit/duplicate the side chain source track and insert a time adjuster plugin on that duplicate. Then manually enter the delay time shown on the receiving track. If you change a plugin on that track, make sure you change the delay time. Or... if you change the timing of the actual kick track, make sure you update the duplicate track for the side chain send. I sometimes end up with 5 duplicates of a kick track because of this. I’ve been learning other DAW’s due to the frustration this process causes. So far it seems ok in studio one, cubase, and reaper, but they all have other issues, and I typically receive pro tools sessions from clients.
Hey thebeatless,
I also testing studio one and cubase at the moment. Because PT has still problems with timebased FX and Midi sidechain. You wrote that those other DAWs all have other issues. Can you explain if S1 or Cubase has any problem with ADC (midid, audio, auxes, timebased FX, ...) or what did you find a problem with these DAW coming from PT. :)

Thanx for an Info ...