Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Duet & Pro Tools | Quartet

Old 12-16-2015, 02:15 PM

Default Pro Tools HD with Apogee Quartet possible?

Hey guys,

i am wondering if i can get myself i PT HD version for my setup. I have a regular Apogee Quartet and some SSL MADI XTREME 64 with various converters.

Is it possible to run HD on that setup?
Old 12-16-2015, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools HD with Apogee Quartet possible?

There must be an end of year rush with these questions.

You can run Pro Tools HD or standard, any version after 9, with any CoreAudio or ASIO interface. You just need a valid license on the iLok.

What exactly is it in HD that you think it is worth doing this for? Well, besides ultimately just donating money to Avid.

Without Pro Tools HD hardware/interfaces (or compatible third party TDM interfaces) you cannot access more than the Pro Tools ASIO/CoreAudio 32 IO limit (same for Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD). Which might crimp your plans here.

And don't assume you can aggregate the MADI and Quartet interfaces, not with any version of Pro Tools.

Pro Tools 12 now includes most HD features, except surround sound, and HD maintenance costs more, plus you have a hassle of needing to buy it from a third party without the Avid hardware bundle.

All this stuff has been flogged to death on DUC and past discussions, including recent ones, can be found by searching.