Default Re: BFD3 pre-order

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Liked already placed ? B/c I will do it as well for $125
right here:

http://audiodeluxe.com/products/fxpa...bfd2-pre-order

just log in to your AudioDeluxe account

or get it from Sweetwater for $149 or $199 for the box

According to the FXpansion website, it should be released tomorrow, unless the 3,2,1 countdown is meant for something else, like 3 days until you can pre-order - but that would be weird

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-29-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Liked already placed ? B/c I will do it as well for $125
yep, order placed. audiodeluxe.com

if you dont already, set up and account and you will see the sale price of 125$ from the advertised 150$

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 09-29-2013, 08:15 PM

Nice thanks
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I'm waiting to see it in the FXpansion shop.

I am looking forward to seeing some of the Youtube videos they almost certainly have ready to go. I want to hear those 7 new kits.

Anybody know if any new expansion packs will drop at the same time?

It's nice to see all the BFD expansion packs are available from AudioDeluxe now, I don't remember seeing all of them there before.

Anybody doing the upgrade tomorrow, let me know how your expansion packs and the stock BFD2 library work with BFD3. I am also interested in how the pieces of the Percussion pack are represented in that new "blueprint" kit look.

And post up some pics please
My thoughts exactly. I know you've got a bunch of expansion packs as do I and I'd hate to lose them or find out there's gotchas when trying to use them in BFD 3. You're right about the expansion packs at AD - didn't remember seeing them there either.

Would really be interested in what the 7 new kits are - drum makes, etc. Would love to have a full DW line up other than just what's in the Neil Peart kit which I have and love but want more

Back on the price thing - I found the payment I made for upgrading to BFD 2 from BFD 1.5 late last year and it was $129 for download as there was no boxed version available at that time IIRC.

QAPLA!
Old 09-30-2013, 04:43 AM

Full back catalogue Expansion Pack support was a high priority; you'll see BFD3 perform "upgrade" analyses of the drums you have installed to enable several new features in BFD3 to be back-applied to the older data.

The Blueprint Kit view shows percussion as a generic circular target for drag-n-drop operations at the moment, but I want to spend time upgrading the vector graphics to cover more kit piece classes, and grow the kit layout expert-system to cover more cases.

Not long now - final preparations & checks under way...
Old 09-30-2013, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKoT_FX View Post
Full back catalogue Expansion Pack support was a high priority; you'll see BFD3 perform "upgrade" analyses of the drums you have installed to enable several new features in BFD3 to be back-applied to the older data.

The Blueprint Kit view shows percussion as a generic circular target for drag-n-drop operations at the moment, but I want to spend time upgrading the vector graphics to cover more kit piece classes, and grow the kit layout expert-system to cover more cases.

Thanks for the explanation. So is the old kit view from BFD 2 history then?
And with this back analysis does that mean the old libraries are changed or is it just a 'sidecar' file and if they are changed does it mean the old libraries won't work in BFD2 anymore?

QAPLA!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:

Nice to see you around here!

Anxiously awaiting, and I have PT 11 and a huge collection of expansions to test out!

My question would be, can BFD 2 and 3 exist together on the same system?? Unless 3 can open all of the presets and settings from 2 and 3, then would launch in place of 2 in any existing instances when opening PT sessions.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 09-30-2013, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
Nice to see you around here!

Anxiously awaiting, and I have PT 11 and a huge collection of expansions to test out!

My question would be, can BFD 2 and 3 exist together on the same system?? Unless 3 can open all of the presets and settings from 2 and 3, then would launch in place of 2 in any existing instances when opening PT sessions.
You asked the question I should have asked when I asked about if the analysis BFD3 does does anything to old libraries so they won't work in BFD 2.

QAPLA!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:38 AM

BFD1, BFD2, BFD Eco, and BFD3 can all exist side by side. BFD3's "upgrade" of older expansion packs produces additional annotation files, and thus doesn't damage the original data in any way - so you'll still be able to use BFD2 happily. You won't be able to use BFD3 data in BFD2 as we've developed a new lossless compression format to help us squeeze 162GB wav into 55GB "BFD-LAC" (BFD Lossless Audio Compression), necessary because of a number of new channels, extra articulations, and velocity layers.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
BFD1, BFD2, BFD Eco, and BFD3 can all exist side by side. BFD3's "upgrade" of older expansion packs produces additional annotation files, and thus doesn't damage the original data in any way - so you'll still be able to use BFD2 happily. You won't be able to use BFD3 data in BFD2 as we've developed a new lossless compression format to help us squeeze 162GB wav into 55GB "BFD-LAC" (BFD Lossless Audio Compression), necessary because of a number of new channels, extra articulations, and velocity layers.
Thank you, and I am to assume licensing is still the same.

If you need someone to start testing the servers before its full public, I am ready to go!!

I am excited for this! One of the last pieces of software that is necessary for my full transition to PT 11 and to have an update of it with a bunch of new features is very cool!

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10