Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 10-28-2018, 08:02 PM

Default Re: c400 no mic in sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixStringNation View Post
what playback engine
The driver was downloaded from PT. As far as I know, it is the latest version.
When I play a project, I have sound. Ever sound is there! Bleep, or beeps, or vocals. All sounds are present, but when I plug my vocal Mic into the unit, there is no sound in the session. Its like the Mic is off. I have tried phanton power Mic and a non-phanton Mic. Neither on will give me sound. The meter in the session does NOT move meaning it is not picking up any vocals. The meter on the C400 do NOT light up either. There is no sound in my monitors from the mics or thru the headphones.
so...I suggested other debugging steps in the post right above... including can you get hardware monitoring to work? If not the interface hardware is likely faulty... and how do you have the hardware monitoring mixer is set up? Very easy to screw that up so you don’t get a signal... you need to be working through all that. As I suggested check hardware monitoring without Pro Tools running.

The playback engine Pro Tools is configured to use... as in Setup>Playback Engine. I want to know exactly what that is set to and what all the other options that are showing up in the pull down selector there.

Check the mic cable works/ideally with a multimeter.

The driver was downloaded from *Avid* and the exact version is? On what exact OS?

Did anything change? Auto OS update? Power hit? Different mic cable?
Old 10-28-2018, 08:52 PM

Default Re: c400 no mic in sound

Firstly Darryl thank you very much for helping.

I am using Mac 10.6.8 and downloaded their driver for that OS.
As for the Playback Engine, the screen lists my C400. Shows Buffer size, Host Processors, CPU usage, Host engine, DAE playback buffer, plug-in buffer. What ever info that you need I can get to you.

Nothing had changed, No new cables or Mics. No power surge. I have tested both mics and all cables. The interface still lights. Unsure how to test the meterd mic input.