Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2021, 10:11 PM

Default Core Audio Driver

So it seems that the core audio driver has stopped working with Logic. Nice. And it doesn't seem very possible to revert back two versions ago since that's not in my avid account. Those sorts of things are just unnecessary misery. Why do that to your customers? Or maybe it's just me...

Steve
Old 01-02-2021, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Core Audio Driver

Go to Avid Download Center, it has all versions since PT 12.6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2021, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
So it seems that the core audio driver has stopped working with Logic. Nice. And it doesn't seem very possible to revert back two versions ago since that's not in my avid account. Those sorts of things are just unnecessary misery. Why do that to your customers? Or maybe it's just me...

Steve
I'm confused. The Core Audio Driver is part of Apple's Operation System and Logic is an Apple product. Why would previous versions of Logic be in your Avid account? If Core Audio stopped working with Logic, why is that Avid's fault and what did they do to their customers?

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 01-03-2021, 08:14 AM

Too much Eggnog

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-03-2021, 05:01 PM

I have installed Catalina and I will just try moving forward, hoping that it works out. There is a new version of Logic 10.6.1 that I want to have anyway. If Logic still doesn't work with my Avid hardware, then I'll use my Apollo Twin with Logic although that is disappointing because it makes it harder for me use the full capabilities of my studio.

And Obsidian Dragon: you are confused!!! I don't have time to educate you, but I will say that the Avid Core Audio driver is an Avid product that comes with the Pro Tools HD Ultimate installer. It does not come from Apple. It should allow you to use the hardware with other applications that you may have on your computer. Things like iTunes, and Logic, or DP, or Cubase. It has never worked as one might expect, or even to the level that other manufacturers are able to realize. It just doesn't.

Steve
Old 01-03-2021, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
And Obsidian Dragon: you are confused!!! I don't have time to educate you, but I will say that the Avid Core Audio driver is an Avid product that comes with the Pro Tools HD Ultimate installer. It does not come from Apple. It should allow you to use the hardware with other applications that you may have on your computer. Things like iTunes, and Logic, or DP, or Cubase. It has never worked as one might expect, or even to the level that other manufacturers are able to realize. It just doesn't.

Steve
Yup. I was confused. I thought you were talking about "Core Audio" which is from Apple. Thanks for clarifying that you were referring to "Avid Core Audio Driver" which is from Avid. Keep us posted on the progress. Hope you find a solution.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 01-03-2021, 11:18 PM

Is it working in Pro Tools? Occasionally on updates, etc I need to blast the PRAM & SMC on my system a few times before a HDX card will be recognised. It also won't be available to use a coreaudio interface if Pro Tools is running, or if the digilink interface isn't attached correctly and powered up.

I remember cursing Avid endlessly only to realise I had an Omni attached to the HDX card through its expansion port.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.