Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2004, 11:21 PM

Default Beware of Pro Tools scams on Ebay!!!

Hello there. I would just like to inform the uninformed that buying pro tools off of ebay can be a very risky thing. 'Scam Artists' look for the most expensive items selling on ebay, do a little bit of research and put up the stock website pictures of their products on their seller's page. They will email you if you bid and try to close a private deal with you for a good price, or they may wait out the bid if its looking good for them - then they will ask you to wire money with western union or something of the sort to somewhere in Europe. I was extremely close to falling for this when i recently bid on Pro Tools HD1. I was so excited about the price i was almost willing to overlook that the guy, who was in canada (or so he said), wanted me to wire the money to his sister in Rome!! It was close. I have talked to other ebayers and many have had similar experiences and these scams are fairly common knowledge among the experienced, so ive been informed. But there is hope because i just bought HD1 off of ebay from a guy in winterpark, florida where i went to recording school last year - but i had a buddy of mine who still lived there go and check it out before i sent any money. Hope this helps - Chris (vancouver, bc)
Old 06-04-2004, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Beware of Pro Tools scams on Ebay!!!

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll...tem=3727898648

I think the most appealing products were the "Focus Bright D3" and the Mooger Fooger 2

Please feel free to inquire about these products as I have.