Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2015, 09:26 PM

Default Pro Tools Digital Connections

Hello all, I am preparing to record a project for my praise team. We have a Behringer X32 Compact at the church that can be used as an interface. With the multiple inputs, how do I get them into my computer? Do I need something between the mixer and the computer? I will be recording into a twenty15 mac book pro.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Digital Connections

You just hook up a USB cable to the back of the unit. Protools will see the X32 as a 32 channel audio interface.

You may need to download a driver from Behringer to make it work. Consult your manual.

Keep in mind that it will only do 32 channels over USB, so if you have more inputs than that plugged in on the mixer, you will have to sacrifice something (there may be workarounds to this).

Also, you have the choice of recording to the Macbook internal drive, but you may also want to record instead to an external drive. I would maybe test this ahead of time, before the actual event.

As for the USB cable, it needs to be USB A on one end and USB B on the other. Exactly the same type of cable used to connect most printers to computers. You could even borrow the one from your printer.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:03 AM

IIRC, if he has Pro Tools Vanilla, then only (the first) 32 record channels will be available - 32 record track limit in PTV.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 12-05-2015, 06:14 PM

Thank you very much for your responses.

Last edited by JuanHunnid; 12-09-2015 at 09:07 AM.